bolks
Years ago

Another AFL blunder

Having not watched many sport programs during the week, i was confused when i saw some orange lines painted about halfway from the boundary line and the dug outs. I was then surprised that these lines were to stop players walking onto the field when they are not meant to, which is fair enough. But then i found out that papers had to be filled out so that players could go onto the field!!! That is just stupid. It is just making life difficult for everyone on the bench + the coach. Also, teams can be one player short for a minute or so (maybe not that long, but you get my drift) because a player that has just run his guts out has brought himself off but no one can replace him because no one has filed any paper work because they didn't know he was coming off. I would like to reinforce that fact that THIS IS STUPID!!! Its another example of the AFL being a bunch of control freaks.

Any how, thoughts?

Topic #15864 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah, in most sports players have to register. If the AFL are making them do this just before they enter the field that is a problem......

Reply #186758 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

The AFL from the CEO down through the commission and rules committee are the most inept bunch of fools you could imagine . Some absolute amateurish mistakes , contradictory decisions and lack of accountability make them the laughing stock of all that have to deal with them .
Demetriou is the worst leader of men i have seen in along while . He needs to stop the long boozy lunches and pull his oversized head from his sphinctor .

Reply #186763 | Report this post

Harrison Bergeron  
Years ago

tell me why the 50 metre line has 150 marked on it?

Reply #186764 | Report this post

smooth pockets  
Years ago

tell me why the 50 metre line has 150 marked on it?

Celebrating 150 years of football.

One of the lamest marketing ideas in the history of sport.

Reply #186765 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

thanks smooth...and yes you are right..thats dumb

Reply #186766 | Report this post

Harrison Bergeron  
Years ago

that is just laughable

thanks for that smooth

Reply #186767 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

Yes the AFL is stupid. The NBL is great. Just look at the success of both sports.

The AFL doing a lot right, the NBL on the otherhand not much.

Reply #186770 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

N,
You cannot compare the success of the AFL with the NBL, it is a billion times easier to market something that is already liked with in the general population, Basketball isn't and that is how it will be, at least for now.

Reply #186779 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

7 times during the match col v stk colling wood had 5 players on the bench due to the interchange steward not recieving correct paper work for the registered player. you now have to register the players name number who is coming off, and then hand in the sheet with a players name and number of who is going on to replace him, once this is done the interchange can take place.

how bout simply having and official at each bench saying right theres 4 people on the bench no one can go on to some one comes off, or righto blokes theres 5 of you on here one of you better get your arse on there

fark the afl have allways and look like continuing to over complecate what could be a simple solution

Reply #186782 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

In the NRL the teams are allowed 12 interchanges. The players give the interchange stewarts the number to ID the bench change.

Can the AFL have a similiar system except our difference is that the interchanges are unlimited.

Reply #186826 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

I like thomo's idea. If they want someone to keep an eye on the bench, make it simple.

Reply #186838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will never be made simple when you have a lawyer introducing all of these changes

Reply #186871 | Report this post

Jmoney23  
Years ago

Are u dumb people silly! AFL is so much better the NBL! Half the people in Australia couldnt even name 10 NBL Players. Now I play Basketball at div 1 level and still reckon AFL is better. NBL needs to become big and be on channel 2 and have a talk show everyweek on it.

Reply #188494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the NBL?

Reply #188496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754