Panther
Years ago

Southern train derailed!!!

What's happened down South??? 3 and 0 at the start of the season including wins over Forestville and Norwood, talk about making finals and now...0 and 6 over the last 6 games including loses to Centrals and Eastern!!!

Topic #15870 | Report this topic

Indeed  
Years ago

Ill tell you what happened... Its Southern.

Reply #186800 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Sums up the whole club. Typical how they talk it up and then produce nothing. Things will only get worse. Terrible State champs but i am sure that they will say everything is going great and they have a lot of good systems in place that will make them a power in the future!! Hear the Roar?? haha

Reply #186802 | Report this post

Hear the Roar  
Years ago

186802 What are you on about.

ABA Women 2nd 7 wins 2 losses.

State Champs - 3rd Boys and 5th Girls

Under 14 Boys going to Nationals

Things are pretty good at Southern based on the above but I guess your just a perenial Southern Basher with nothing much else to do.

Reply #186805 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

';' - Try offering more of a response (are they easy to scout, have they had significant injuries, etc) rather than pathetic sniping.

Reply #186806 | Report this post

Wyatt Earp  
Years ago

I agree. Mens team has stumbled, but Womens team is looking good despite the scare the got last night.

Think the best plan here is "you can think what you like, but don't always say it!"

Reply #186808 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

12 Boys 3rd
14 Boys 2nd
16 Boys Last
18 boys Last
20 Boys 8th

12 Girls Last
14 Girls 5th
16 Girls 6th
18 Girls 5th

You seem to be grabing at anything to make your club look good. What was your overall finish as a club? You forgot to answer about the men and could you give more details at all the other results that you failed in? I believe that in the past you have come on here saying how great you are doing but it seems that you are going backwards. Woodville are the big improvers and you still lag way behind Forestville, Sturt, Norwood and Woodville. Pathetic sniping? This whole forum is about that so don't come on here saying that it shouldn't happen.

Reply #186809 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Sorry i forgot that 21 Women won.

Reply #186810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could there be a discipline problem? every time i watch the southern men play it seems tristan braithwaite is always so close to bursting a blood vessel at the refs. then takes a thousands shot, get peed off and shows how much of a team player he isnt.

Reply #186812 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pathetic sniping? This whole forum is about that so don't come on here saying that it shouldn't happen.
Try reading the forum guidelines or get lost if all you can do is belittle a club. This is a thread about the ABL team(s), not for you to whinge about the club as a whole.

Reply #186814 | Report this post

Wyatt Earp  
Years ago

Think what Zac is saying is that at least be a pathetic sniper in the correct thread.

';' - What club are you from?

Reply #186815 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

i love how you say tristan shoots thousands of shots check the stats he shot 13 shots overall, shane boal shot more than that, ryan F shot more shots than that, michael florance shot more shots than that so maybe u should check ur stats before you shooty your mouth off

Reply #186824 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Does it all come back to Bungey??? I think since he went down with an injury they haven't won. I would say the other problem would be the fact that they are a young group and since the late 90's they haven't had a lot of success and one of the hardest things is to break that losing mentality. They would've been on the biggest high and full of confidence after the first 3 wins but after 2 or 3 loses on the trot they would've started doubting themselves again.

Reply #186830 | Report this post

train  
Years ago

I don't think that they are great by any means. who do they have? maybe young but I do think that people talk up Lalic too much. He should dominate if he is in the sixers squad, and especially in the position he plays (Big man?) well maybe they will be better in a year or 2 or 3........

Reply #186836 | Report this post

tiger coach  
Years ago

"j", southern 18 boys beat woodville so didn't finish last, very close to last but didn't finish last.

Looked at the stats for the mens game against Eastern, Southern had 31 more shot attempts, 13 more rebounds overall (including a massive 21 more offense rebounds) and 2 less turnovers. Didn't see the game so can't comment other than on the stats, but the poor shooting percentage seems to be 1 of 2 things; either poor shot selection or they can't shoot.

Anyone see the game to comment?

Reply #186905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u wanna check them stats again chief? u'll find he actually shot 8 shots (yeah maybe that helps ur case a little but best to be accurate) and hit... 1. with 1 from 5 from 3pt line for a grand total of 4 points (there was a foul shot in there too). where as the guys u named... Ryan F. - 7 from 15, with 1 from 5 from the foul line (ouch frangas!) for 16 points (team h/s), michael florence 4 from 12 with 6 from 9 from the foul line for 14 points, and Shane boal - 4 from 16 for 8 points. do ur homework before talking back champ. Jordan shoots... and thats the game!!!

Reply #186969 | Report this post

At the game  
Years ago

Saw the game Saturday Night am not associated with either club just decided to go and have a look.

Southern seem to lack team work. Too many players getting the shits on when they thought they should have got the ball, Phil Brown was worst offender for this but wasn't on his own.

Eastern got some bad calls but didn't make too big a deal of it with the umpires but most times a Southern seemed to be chatting the refs all night.

Must say the umpiring was quite poor. It seemed as if the two umpires were in two seperate Pre Game discussions as they called the game very differently.

What cost Southern the game was a Bench Tech within the last 2 minutes of the game. I believe this was for a player mouthing off on the bench not something the coach did

Reply #187070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the game: GET UR FACTS RIGHT BUDDY THE TECH WAS ON THE COACH FOR RUNNING HIS MOUTH AT A CRUCIAL TIME. TIGERS SHOULD NEVER BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BUT COMMON COACH USE UR HEAD WHEN UR ! UP OR ! DOWN WITH A FEW SECONDS TO GO

Reply #187646 | Report this post

tis me  
Years ago

southern women are doing great!
the men on the other hand not so good! and it all stems back to, im sorry to say the coach! Players left because of the coach, and players didnt come in becasue of the coach!
i heard of 2 american imports that were set to come into the mens line up but because of a lack of effort from the coach, neither committed.
Southern need to get rid of the mens coach, that will help in building a new team.
anyone would be better then heath at this point!

Reply #188398 | Report this post

tis no idea  
Years ago

Yeah Southern women are fantastic, Won by heaps on the weekend??. My Tip is that they will not make finals.

Reply #188404 | Report this post

Years ago

Tis me, your a clown... Sure Americans wanted to come and play for Southern... then there is this thing called the salary cap which the club refuses to break (unlike some im sure).

Its pretty obvious the Southern mens team is in the same position as West Adelaide, with a full squad they have the potential to run with the leagues best, unfortunately without their centre they are just to small.

**note** They have beaten 3 of the top 4 teams when they havetheir best line up out there. I guess it was player brilliance that won those games, not the coaches preparation.
Now they have dropped games (and confidence) its the coaches fault.... i think not.

Reply #188424 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754