XY
Years ago

Boomers v Iran at DHD - Tickets

The Basketball Australia website has tickets for this game on sale from today in Adelaide through VenueTix. See linky.com.au/rj63r

Unfortunately, my enquiry with VenueTix today has uncovered that they have no record of being asked to sell tickets for this game. Once again, not particularly encouraging for the organisational skills of basketball administrations across Australia.

Anyone have any idea when tickets will be released, and through whom?

Topic #15874 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

And people wonder why basketball is looked at so poorly by a lot of people in this country.

Reply #186854 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I know ticketmaster are selling them for the other 2 games, as well as for a game against New Zealand in melbourne on June 28.

Reply #186935 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I noticed that also Skip.

Are they suddenely going to pull out of the Adelaide scheduled match?

Who knows.

We don't even have a list of which players we might see.

Reply #186936 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I rang BA and they have confirmed that the tickets will be sold by venuetix, they will be on sale by weeks end.

Reply #186939 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Thanks Kent, I shall keep an eye out daily then for it.

Still I'd love to know which players from the Boomers will play.

Reply #186955 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

champ, there will be no Bogut, Jawai (I think) and probably any one else doing draft workouts.

Reply #186974 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Last international game I saw at the Dome featured a teenage AK47 playing for Russia. This was before his NBA days (I think it was 2000 Olympics warm up game?), I remember a couple of times this tall skinny kids just rose about 2 feet higher than everyone else on court to grab a rebound or finish with the dunk, anyone else at that game?

Reply #186976 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yeah, I was at that game Billo. I don't specifically remember AK47 but I remember thinking that there were so many skinny guys playing on the Russian team and wondering why they didn't do any sort of weights program over there! But they sure did run their offences well - from what I can remember it was a pretty close game with the Russians running a key play down the stretch to perfection which ended up with a clutch 3 pointer.

Reply #186978 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I definitely remember him, just doing a little reseach now he was 18 years 4 months when he was drafted for the 2001-02 season which would have put him at 17 back then. I remember there was a bit of hype about him back then to the effect that the Russians had a 17 year old kid who was actually a key contributor. He went to be their second leading scorer at the games averaging over 9ppg. I was pretty stoked with my 2 handed board taps at 17.

Reply #186985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754