bolks
Years ago

Hornets Vs. Spurs "spoilers"

What the hell happened to the Hornets!!!??? They lost at home(!!!) 91-82!!!
I hate the spurs. That play boring basketball and they beat an exciting team. Big game from Paul though (see below). God I hope the lakers absolutely smash the spurs 4-0 and then win it all.

Stats:
Ginobili: 26 pts, 5 rbs, 5 asts
Duncan: 16 pts, 14 rbs, 3 asts
Parker: 17 pts, 5 asts

Paul: 18 pts, 14 asts, 8 rbs, 5 stl
West: 20 pts, 9 rbs
Pargo: 18 pts, 4 rbs

Topic #15890 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

What happened to Chris Paul?

so much for him taking NOH the hole way.

hate spurs with a passsion as well.

Lakers in 5.

Boston and Lakers in finals.

thoughts?.

Reply #187105 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I think it will be Detroit and the Lakers

I dont think Boston has what it takes to get past the Pistons in a 7 game series

Reply #187106 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

What happened to Paul? Ithink you sould be more concerned about what happened to Peja. 7 pts and 4 rbs in 44 minutes of play?! Series stats: 13 pts/g, 5 rbs/g all in 38 min/g. Come on boy, lift your game.

Oh, forget to give Tyson Chandler a shout: 13 pts, 15 rbs.

Reply #187109 | Report this post

Duncans going for 40 a game v Lakers

Reply #187114 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

ELG and bryant is going for 50.

Reply #187116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs can eat a d!ck.
It just fell into their hands, loose ball charity, 2nd 3rd chance points, I know thats what you do if your the champions but the hornets just gave it to them.
I HATE MANU!
C'mon LA punish them, duncan will go for series avg of
22p 15r Lakers will dominate, Kobe series avg of 35 8 and 7.
I HATE SAN ANGAYNIO
AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply #187118 | Report this post

50 missed shots i know. 50 foul shots a game maybe because hes a protected player

Oh you mean 50 points. With bowen on him that will be hard. In a game of matchups, Spurs win almost every position

Reply #187122 | Report this post

You have no one over 6'6 that could possibly stop duncan. And he has to score every possession.

Reply #187124 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

ha i laugh in your face ELG.

gasol and ronny together can beat duncan.

who matches up on odom?. bryant?.

bowan ccant hold bryant.. oh wait its bowen, a defensive protected species.. dudde like guy should get more fouls then points bryant scores..

Reply #187125 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Bowen stops the best look at LeBron last year
in saying that
the way Kobe is playing is hard to stop Bowen could hold him like like 25
still 25......................
Is Bynum ever gonna return?

Reply #187127 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Bynum, bynum, bynum..

Bynum to Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery

"Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee this Wednesday, it was announced by the team.

The procedure will entail a cleanup of some rough spots and fraying on the underside of his kneecap, and will be performed in New York by Dr. David Altchek.

A report on the surgery and an estimated timeline for Bynum's return will be provided on Wednesday."

Dissapointing due to his incredible start to the season. Hopefully a speeding recovery for Bynum.

Reply #187128 | Report this post

Gasol and ronny together. So that leaves someone like Brent Barry, robert horry open on the 3 point line

Im glad you're not the Lakers coach

And I did say 'almost' every position. Unfortunately odom has a most frustrating way of going to sleep sometimes (as i'm sure you are aware). And the same can be said the other way. Whos Odom going to guard? Will Popovich go small so Odom has to guard someone out on the perimetre, a place where he's not as good, and taking away his rebounding prowess, leaving gasol to battle against duncan (ha) for boards?

But hey, i'm going for the Lakers. I dont like robert Horry. But i just think for LA to win Kobe and Odom need huge games every game just to stand a chance

Reply #187132 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Peja stinks in the crunch .

As for LAkers vs Spurs if Manu goes nuts in 4 of the 7 the spurs win , simple .

Reply #187134 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Sensational commentary from people who obviously have not seen the game from yesterday and have no appreciation for real basketball, where there is something played at one end of the floor called "DEFENCE".

Peja hit some tough shots, but rarely saw the ball at the offensive end, being dogged by Bowen when Tony Parker was off.

David West opened in a blaze of gloy but also did not see much of the ball down the stretch.

You can blame Pargo for that, just chucking it up anytime he touched the ball.

Reply #187141 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The reason they lost was outlined at halftime. So many floaters that didn't drop; alot of the shots were careless.

Wasn't an issue with anyone really getting shut down; there were several hornet fast breaks where an easy 2 should have been made but were missed because of good old fashioned "choking". If it wasn't the final game in the series, Hornets would have won; but pressure got to them in that game.

Not always a good thing to have a home game in such a crunch match; crowd expectations can get to players.

Reply #187142 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Gasol and Turiaf to gaurd Duncan? Everyone knows Pau has no D, and to suggest Turiaf will do more than watch Duncan take him to school is ridiculous.

Double Duncan and the Spurs beat you from the perimeter. The Spurs actually match up better on the Lakers than they do the Hornets, and Duncan doesn't have the flu for games 1 and 2 as well.

Has anyone thought about who will guard Tony Parker? Time to run the high pick and roll again, just like the Suns series. If he's shooting well, Spurs win.

Kobe will average 30, but it will take 15-20 free throws to get there, and 25 shot attempts. Bowen will average 5 fouls a game and hit dagger threes from the corner.

Anyone notice Horry hit two big threes yesterday? Big Shot Bob getting ready for one last clutch game winner!

Reply #187157 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

My god...

Missed shots much? multiple offensive rebounds for the Spurs? Where was David West after half time?

I waited all day without looking at spoilers to go home and watch that game, what a disappointment.

Reply #187161 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

spurs will win even though i want the lakers to the D is to good and they are to good as a team they all play well together, and even there bench are always in the right spots when a team ahs been together that long its hard to beat them, good coach+good team+long time playing together= hard to beat and champs again

maths was never my strong point though

Reply #187162 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Lakers in 7.

Derek Fisher is a VERY good defender. If he stays out of foul trouble he will do enough on Parker to ensure he isn't too much of a factor.

Bowen on Kobe, sure. But as our friend Jerry West likes to say, the best offence will beat the best defence, everytime. Kobe will get his and Bowen will be a non-factor.

Radmanovich is a dark horse. If he can play well he can kill Ginobili on offence. But he goes missing far too often, especially away from home.

Gasol v Duncan. Tight. They are both proven winners. Both play the team game. They will both get theirs, but this matchup isn't going to have a big say in who wins the series.

The Odom v Oberto. Odom will absolutely tear him to shreds. I'm not sure why people are bagging Odom on this forum.. he has been one of the most consistent players for the Lakers in the past 2-3 years, and has had an absolutely stellar career. One of the most underrated players going around IMO. Watch for him to go for 15ppg and 12 rpg in the series, as well as probably 5-6 apg.

Benches - Lakers just. Vujacic, Turiaf and to a lesser extent Farmar off the bench is pretty solid. Especially if Farmar finds that form he lost after the all star break. Finley, Horry and ? doesn't do it for me. Horry will get shown up for the old man he is.

I just think that nothing is going to stop Kobe from winning it all this year. He sees it as his year to put his name on the basketball map forever, and with Gasol next to him I think he will do that. Sure you have Duncan & Ginobili on the other team, but Lakers look too good this year. And they can win away from home. Lakers will win it all

Reply #187163 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I'm hoping that the LAKERS will get- simply because of a rematch between the 80's enemy of Boston. I know they played Detroit in the 80's too but for a pure rivalry LA-BOS

If only KG, Ray and PP were younger and this could be a rivalry for the next 5 years

Reply #187165 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Yeah that's Stern's wet dream .... big $$$
but realistically mix and match any of these top 4 and you have compelling series.

If Spurs play the way they can .. then they take it in 6 but if they let up in anyway then Kobe, the best finisher in basketball will finish them.
I go with Spurs ... too efficient

The Celtics can't win away and let 2 inferior teams push them to the limit. Detroit is not an inferior team .. so unless Pierce continues his hot streak Pistons im 6 as Detroit should at least take 1 game in the Garden

Reply #187193 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

this is the best Conference Finals matchups we could hope for or the NBA can hope for bringing the 4 traditional powers of the last 2 decades

it goes back to the Detroit - Boston rivalry of the 90s then the Lakers/Pistons/Celtics rivalries of the late 90s as well when Bird, the Bad Boys and Magic were duking it out

More recently we also had the Lakers-Spurs conference rivalries of the early 00s when Shaq/Kobe battled Duncan and co with Horry playing for the other side ..
and the last few finals between Spurs-Pistons and Pistons-Lakers

The only rivalry we haven't seen is Spurs-Celtics

We're just glad BOTH sides of the finals are covered now and we can watch it !! this is the best in years ..much better then the stinker mismatch of Spurs-Cavs last year or Spurs-Utah!!

Reply #187198 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Lockstock - can't agree with your summary. Here's why:

Parker is way too fast for Fisher. He's not what he was in 2003 and Parker now has a jumpshot as well as being the best inside finishing point guard in the league. No way he will be a 'non-factor'.

Pau a 'proven winner'? WTF? Is he good at HORSE? What has he won in the NBA? and please don't say the World Championships - doesn't even compare. Duncan will destroy him one out. Lakers will have to double like the Hornets did to slow him, and this gives Spurs shooters open looks.

Radmonivic has been rubbish all year. If he is any more productive than Peja was, I'd be very surprised.

Kobe will score a bunch, because he is Kobe. Bowen's job is to make him take an extra 5-7 shots to get those points, commit some hard fouls and take him out of his comfort zone - as much as you can when it's Kobe. If he does that, he has been a factor. Bowen is so focussed on D, that he will get the job done. Is also shooting the corner three very well at the moment.

Farmer has been rubbish and will not come good ina conference final. Finley has done what he's needed to do so far - knock down open shots.

Agreed that Horry is old, but he still has a big three left in him, and maybe another hard foul on a Lakers star. Go Spurs.

Reply #187208 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Pau isnt a proven win but he needs to prove he can win.

For those above complaing about ronny and pau on duncan i NEVER implemented that they should double, i meant to say when pau has a rest ronny will come on to help out.

Lakers in 6.

Reply #187265 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Kobe - Ronny will get wiped by Duncan, and Pau is known to be an average defender. Ronny brings energy and aggression and some boards, but not conference finals calibre defence.

Reply #187272 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

thedoctor, we will just see about that wont we.

ronny brings enery and enthusiasm yes but he is also a very underated defender.

Reply #187278 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

haha kobe u cant be wrong can u
so one eyed
u have to be a port supporter

Reply #187285 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754