Isaac
Years ago

2008 NBA Draft Lottery today - No 1 goes to?

While the actual draft itself runs on June 26, today marks the draft lottery for the NBA when it runs at 8pm ET in the US. That is around 9:30 Adelaide time if I've used to correct US timezone in the calculation.

Here are a couple of generic resources:

ESPN's Draft/Lottery site
NBA's Lottery site

Topic #15895 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Are those sites gonna be updated Isaac?

Reply #187166 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Live draft blog here - on NBA Yahoo

http://linky.com.au/x6i0m

Reply #187169 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

14 GS
13 Por
12 Sac

11 Ind
10 NJ
9 Cha
8 Mil

Chicago have moved up

Reply #187170 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

7 LAC
6 Knicks
5 Memphis

Chicago top 4

Reply #187171 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Seattle 4

Reply #187172 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Min, Miami and Chicago left

Reply #187173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

3 Minnesota.
2 Miami.

Reply #187174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

1 Chicago! Wow.

Reply #187175 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

CHICAGO NUMBER 1 pick moved from 9th spot, miami no 2 and t wolves 3

Reply #187176 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

3 Min
2 Miami

And your Chicago Bulls get Pick 1

Reply #187177 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

They had 17 balls of 1000

Reply #187179 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Brilliant for the Bulls, Rose is from Chicago, would be a great pick with the number one pick. So glad the Knicks didn't get a top 2 pick :-)

Reply #187180 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

GO YOU BULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought there was nothing to cheer for till at least next season..

Reply #187181 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wow.... didn't see this one coming....

Interesting choice for Paxson. Does he go with a PG to upgrade Hinrich (he really did suck last season), or does he go with a PF in Beasley???

Both positions are in need of an upgrade for the Bulls.

Does Paxson do the unthinkable and trade the pick???

Reply #187183 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Take Rose and Trade Deng and Hinrich for Melo and Camby

PG Rose
SG Gordon
SF Melo
PF Thomas/Noah
C Camby

Not bad

Reply #187184 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Trade Ben Gordon, shift Kirk to the 2, and draft Rose.

Or trade Thomas (would like to see how he develops, but he just cannot shoot, and we already have Noah!) and draft Beasley, hope Deng comes out of his greedy stage, or ship him for a shooter who can space the floor a bit. Like Sczierbiak, but not him!

Reply #187185 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

so dissapointing

Reply #187187 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Oh well - Miami get rewarded for tanking (no 2 is just as good as 1 in this draft... Minny get a shot at Mayo (which is good - i guess))... Not so bad - could have been far worse...

Obviously the two top players are can`t miss and Mayo is up there - but with a * beside his name...

Reply #187189 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why jules? Minnesota fan?

Reply #187191 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

the bulls "should" be very good next season, and one would assume they would be looking to package some of there players up for some huge trades.

PG - duhon/Hinrich
SG - gordon/hughes
SF - Thomas/Sefolosha/Nocioni
PF - Deng/Gooden
C - Noah/Gray
+ the #1 pick

they need an offensive inside presence and a good coach. i would look to package hinrich,hughes,nocioni,gooden and maybe thomas and see if anyone bites, you would love to keep your young talent but i dont think anyone is untouchable although to throw in a gorden or a deng the price would have to be right.

Reply #187192 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chicago have enough reasonable players to potentially offer a couple of decent packages to lure some stars, but who's available (besides Melo)?

Reply #187195 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I agree with Dry Back, those are the players that you look to move. I'd still keep Kirk around I don't think he could possibly regress anymore than where he's at now and his trade value wouldn't be that high, maybe look at moving Gordon instead. Their future is bright, some really good young potential, and other players that should bring something of value back in trades.

Reply #187196 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

I hope Chicago can keep this one away from motorbikes (Jay Williams) - the way i see it they shouldn`t have to be in this situation, had fate (and a really dumb lapse in judgement - or a series of them...) not dealt them a cruel blow some 3-4 years ago...

Reply #187197 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

No DB, just would've preffered Rose in a Seattle uniform teaming up with Durant...wow

I just hope Chicago doesn't kill him...

Just would've liked a West tema in there, because no one gives a damn about the East, because its lower scoring, more boring to watch, and across the board, an lot worse. Just think it would be better to watch Rose in that conference than the East

Reply #187199 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair enough jules, and also agree regarding motorbikes JohnnySack.

I just hope the Bulls can get back to where they were 2 years ago. This year was a joke, and I would happily trade Gordon or Deng for the right deal. Their selfishness cost the team a lot of chemistry this year.

Oh, and we still need a coach, should be a lot easier to find one now hey?

Reply #187202 | Report this post

Fanno  
Years ago

DB5 i totally agree with you. I thought there would be nothing to cheer for, but now with the number 1 we can either get Rose or Beasley.

Reply #187203 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Chad Ford from ESPN thinks the Grizzlers should take a punt on our Jawai @ pick 28

http://linky.com.au/6500o

Reply #187204 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wonder how Coach D'Antoni is feeling right now????

Could of been coaching the team with the 1st pick and a bright future... but no... he's stuck with the Knicks.

Reply #187207 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I say he deserves it.. Only used the Bulls as a bargaining chip anyway..

Hmmm number 1 pick, new star point guard, or New York....bad pick, bad team....he he..

Reply #187211 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I look at it the other way, how dumb does chicago feel for not doing more to GET D'Antoni?! He gettin paid either way, and lets face it, he is in a win win situation with the knicks coz no-body rates em.

Tough call for Chicago, the team needs Beasley, but Rose is a hometown guy and that counts for a lot.

Kirk getting some bad press but he is still the same player, just needs the system.

Bobcats would love to get some Love. Team him with Okafor, thats good stuff.

If the magic draft Rush, look at him for a sleeper ROY chance.

Can't help but feel that Lopez is a bust waiting to happen. Minn would be better off getting some Mayo and selling tickets.

Go the Jawai! Been compared with Elton Brand!!! Get me that agent coz he could probably get me a euro contract as the next jerry west!

Reply #187216 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Chicago have a lot of options now to shape up their roster.

Question: what is Calderon's stage this off seasom? restricted free agent? or what...?

I think they should draft Beasley, Get rid of Hughes for a good centre and somehow get calderon, even if it means trading away hinrich for him...

Calderon, Duhon
Gordon, Sefolosha
Deng, Nocioni
Beasley, Thomas
Good centre, Noah

+ others

Reply #187274 | Report this post

Years ago

I know New York is probably the NBA's biggest market team and all that, but I still don't get why they think they have a God-given right to be successful. It was their own idiocy and bad decision making that got them into their current position, and all along I've thought it should be up to them and them alone to get themselves out of it, without any draft rigging or any other outside help from David Stern. So by getting the #6 pick, hopefully the higher-ups at the Knicks learn that they have to work to get themselves out of their situation, and won't just be handed a gift by the NBA Commisioner

IMO, they should trade the pick, because I don't think they'll really get anyone at the #6 spot who can make an impact for them straight away. Unless they draft Roy Hibbert, who they probably see as being too slow without enough potential. However, I think Hibbert could be a solid contributor in the NBA for a while to come. If they somehow manage to bring in Patrick Ewing to work with him, he could be a pretty good player.

Reply #187277 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hibbert is too big of a reach for the Knicks to consider at #6. If they have their heart set on them then they need to trade down to at least mid first round.

They would be better trading with the Nets and seeing if they could grab their two first rounders. Swap the #6 and a player for #10 and #21.

It may cost them Lee but from what I've read Coach D'Antoni isn't a huge fun of him.

Wonder if the Nets would bite??? #6 and Lee for #10 and #21... Biggest hurdle I see with this is the whole Knicks/Nets thing.....

Reply #187279 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Calderon is restricted and Toronto will have a big fat laugh if Chicago offer Hinrich for him.

From what I've read Calderon is probably staying put with Ford on the way out, but I have also read that trading Calderon could land Toronto Corey Maggette, or a package from Portland, including Outlaw, a few other pieces and their 13th pick.

Reply #187280 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Roy Hibbert is tipped to go pick number #23 in most mock drafts. The Jazz have pick 23 and Hibbert i believe could be the missing link for he Jazz. I personally find it hard seeing Hibbert dropping that low but would love to see it happen.

Reply #187281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How strong is this draft tipped to be?

Reply #187282 | Report this post

Years ago

Beyond Beasley and Rose, and probably DJ Augustin, a lot of guys in this draft will be picked based on potential. That's the way I see it anyway.

Reply #187316 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I doubt this draft class will have a rookie of the year winner in it ;)

Reply #187319 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

That's only If Oden plays as good as he should play

Reply #187320 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754