Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Prospects Camp

Was listening to coast fm last night and the boys were talking about an NBL prospects camp that Ian Stacker and Justin Schuller will be running in july.
I wasnt able to hear the interview with Justin so missed the finer details about this.
Can someone who was listening please fill me in?

Thanks

Topic #15897 | Report this topic

Tangles  
Years ago

Great idead. From what I heard it will be a camp of players aged from 18-24 that are not in the NBL aleady. The best 15 players in each position will attend the camp. Thus 75 of the best Australian Players converge on one camp that all NBL coaches will be able to attend. This sort of camp may flesh out some Colleges and NBA Scouts, depending on the players of that year. Who would be SA reps for this

PG - Zorich(194cm), Harvey(180cm), Spadavecchia(178cm), Webber(180cm)

SG - K. Phillips(197cm), Birmingham(185cm), Ng(189cm)

SF - McMath(201cm), Mapunda(194cm), Molitor(204cm), Grantham(201cm)

PF - Hoban(203cm), Lalic(198cm)

C - Dubrich(209cm), Bungey(206cm)

Have I missed any obvious ones. Out of this list I would only select the following for the camp.

Zorich - 24yrs
Ng - 23yrs
McMath - 18yrs
Molitor - 20yrs

Reply #187283 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

jacob templeton definately deserves a spot in there

Reply #187284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MAZE get real hes good but not future NBL calibre good

Reply #187288 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

anonymous, simple rather than saying he isnt NBL calibre, how about telling me why

Reply #187291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too small for starters will need better handles crazy speed things like that dont get me wrong i can see him having a great ABL career and hes a gr8 kid just cant see that he has the physical aspects to take it to the next level guys his size are a dime a dozen nationally where as someone like a kurtis philips who is a lot longer and has more range on his shot wil b looked at another thing i question with jacob is his range but im not tryin to put the guy down gr8 player no doubt

Reply #187292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also u cant take anything away from the guards already suggested hes not that calibre yet

Reply #187293 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

but surely after a season of good minutes in the ABA will only improve his game all round, and put him over the edge.

i seriously think this guy has what it takes to make it. i have never seen anybody bust there ass day in day out with no complaints

Reply #187294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about all the college guys like madgen, fildes, papendieck, wood, clausen, wernham if they are back in aus at the time?

Reply #187297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I for one think this is a great idea.

I did some thinking and per position i came up with this

Point Guards

Zorich
Sutton
Spud

Shooting Guards

Burdon
Gerlach
Webber

Small Forwards

Reardon
Mapunda
McKenzie

Power Forwards

Molitor
Lalic
Reeves

Centers

Hoban
Bungey
Dodman

They are the best 3 for me per position.

Anyone else got other thoughts?

Its been said its in late July does anyone know the exact dates and where abouts it will be held?
one would think Melbourne or Sydney?

Reply #187300 | Report this post

Good thing  
Years ago

A great initiative.

This seems to tie in well with Stacker's scouting site. www.allstarscouting.com

I have been a subscriber to the site for about 4 months in the coaches section. From that i get regular drills etc but also can keep up to date what is happening with up and coming talents, i have found out about some young players i didnt know about before. find it interesting to hear about the next crop of athletes.

Believe Schuller works with him on this site too.

From what it seems these lads are starting to provide a good bridge for young athletes of Australia to the rest of the world.

I hope this camp proves to be successful as we need more pathways to the elite level than already exist for the ever growing young talent pool.

Reply #187359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754