billups 1
Years ago

Chicago lands #1 Pick

Chicago just landed the number 1 pick after having a 1.7% chance i think of getting it.

Topic #15903 | Report this topic

Fanno  
Years ago

You beauty..

Reply #187201 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

wow.. i'm so glad you posted that.. if it wasn't for you i would STILL be wondering..

PSYCH!

Try reading below threads. In particular, the one entitled "2008 NBA Draft Lottery today - No 1 goes to?"

Reply #187210 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

Finally some luck in Chicago!
The question is rose or beasley?
I know the bulls always had an issue at the PF position but i honestly think that they have to go for rose. I see so much potential in him i think he can be one of the best well round point guards to ever play the game.

You can package some bulls players and get a decent forward in a trade.

Reply #187231 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

Yeah i think they wont take Rose though

He wont get time under Hughes(if they retain), Gordon, Hinrich, Seflosha

I think taking Beasley instead would work better as they are looking to deal someone this off-season rid them of some junk. I just hope Deng and Gordon stay as u put someone like Jose Calderon around them make them better players

And land Rose where he would fit better at Miami where he would start and get minutes under Riley...He could be Wade or CP3...So lets hope he goes #2

But again seems as though there is no-point putting odds against a team as it really comes down 2 who is on the block at the time....Damn Bulls....But hey we got #2 baby

Projected Miami Lineup

PG: Rose
SG: Wade
SF: Marion
PF: Brand
C: Mourning

oh baby i am hearing East Champs again.....But we need to get some decent depth no NBADL hacks who come in and go alright when no team in east when out of contention trys

Just ask the Bucks, Nets (After Kidd trade)....Go from contenders to pretenders

Reply #187259 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

question i thought mourning was retiring, so that would change the starting line up completely

Reply #187262 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

The only way that the Heat gets Brand is if Marion opts out and goes somewhere else.

While the Bulls taking Beasley at #1 fills a large hole in their roster, I think they should take Rose and then deal Hinrich.

Reply #187266 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

At least miami aren't pressured into choosing either rose or beasley, even if the heat aren't sold on beasley. no problems if rose or beasley are the better player than the other.
just like the sonics last year with durant and oden, the heat can just choose the 1 the bulls dont.

Reply #187276 | Report this post

Beasleys wayyyyy too good to pass up! Hes like Carmelo with a good attitude but better

Reply #187290 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Draftexpress.com sum it up pretty well

"Amare Stoudamire meets Antawn Jamison"

Reply #187299 | Report this post

Years ago

Hahaha so Beasley will score, but then just play average defense, while he's waiting for another opportunity to score then, just like Amare and Jamison?

Hopefully Beasley turns out to be a great two way player, not just a scorer

Reply #187314 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

..or it means he will the have power and strength of Amare's inside game, combined with the perimetre game of an all-star like jamison, as well as pullind down over 10 boards a game whilst being able to play 3 positions and creating massive matchups problems.

I dont see how that isn't an amazing comparison

Reply #187364 | Report this post

Years ago

Oh yea it's a great compliment no doubt. I'm just saying that hopefully for whoever drafts him, he can be all that, plus an effective player on the other end as well. Then he will trully be an elite player someday, instead of just being in the good (Jamison) to great (Stoudemire) category.

Reply #187467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754