Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

Recording Foxtel

Does anyone no how to record foxtel to a VHS. Help would be appreciated seeing as i am getting highly stressed over this one, its just not happening at the moment.

Topic #15908 | Report this topic

the foley show  
Years ago

get the right plugs / leads and you will be right - fox IQ or another model?

Reply #187302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get IQ. If not, get a scart lead with six av plugs, plug that into the VCR Scart port on the back of your set top box and run the cables labelled Video Out into the Video In on the back of your VCR and the cables labelled Video In to the Video Out on your VCR. This should make the AV button on your foxtel remote show your VCR when it is on and allow you to record to your VCR if you have the VCR set to whatever AV channel you have your foxtel on.

Reply #187304 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Its the Foxtel - Set Top Unit Model 250.

Yeah im pretty sure iv got all the right cables, it just wont record, records free to air insted.

I wont to get it working for the big time playoffs.

Reply #187305 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Anon thanks, just need to ask a couple of questions with that.

1. Do you need to connect the Audio leads and the Video leads or just the Video leads. It would make sence to connect both wouldnt it?.

2. Would i find a scart lead with six av plugs at any tech store?. The one i found laying around is old from my old unit. Would like to get a new one.

3. If i connect the VHS to the foxtel AV can i play videos through it?. Would the videos run through foxtel, thats the part that confused me a little.

Thank you for the help.

Reply #187311 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm suprised they didn't connect your Foxtel box to your VCR when you got it installed. Unless you've gotten a VCR since then. That AV cable advice sounds right to me though. Just set your VCR to the AV channel, and then press the AV button on your Foxtel remote, to make sure that it is actually Foxtel being recorded.

Reply #187313 | Report this post

Make sure the volume is all the way up! I've recorded so many things in which it was on mute and it records straight off foxtel so if it's muted on Fox the audio won't play on the VCR

Reply #187318 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sounds like you just havnt selected the av channel on your vcr.

Reply #187332 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

If you can afford it IQ is the only way to go. So simple - even for a technical equipment tragic.

Reply #187337 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

What is a VCR?????

Reply #187338 | Report this post

ostrich 74  
Years ago

Hey Kobe, You have to connect you Foxtel set up through your VCR. and tune in the correct station.
also when you record as said by ELG, make sure foxtel volume up all the way

Reply #187345 | Report this post

Lamar  
Years ago

I have my Foxtel run through my video recorder (rather than through the AV which is where the installer set it up through) so to watch Foxtel, I have to switch the TV to the channel I would watch the old video tapes on(on my TV it is Channel 1). This allows me to tape anything off Foxtel but it will tape whatever channel I have Foxtel on, even if I change the channel whilst recording! As ELG said though, make sure your volume on Foxtel is at it's maximum otherwise you will not hear anything! Hope this helps and you get to tape the Lakers game!

Reply #187347 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think everyone is on to it. Generally the foxtel box has two scart plugs, one plugged into your tv and the other one into your vcr. Like someone said earlier, just make sure the vcr is on AV1 or AV2 whichever one you have plugged the cords into and make sure the foxtel volume is up!

Reply #187351 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Kobe, incase you didn't know,

make sure the foxtel volume is up...

Reply #187354 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

thanks guys, help arppreciated.

the volume will be well up =].

Reply #187361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. Yes plug audio leads in too....and remember to have the volume up ;)

2. Should be able to get the lead from Dick Smith, i'd look eleswhere tho cuz they will rip you off.

3. Yeah if you run it like I said you should be able to watch Videos thru your foxtel on the foxtel AV channel (The AV button on the top left corner of the remote)

Reply #187386 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Try Jaycar for cables, they are normally a few $$$ cheaper than Dick Smith.

Also don't mute your foxtel while recording, made the mistake of doing that one day and have a 6ers Grand Final with no sound in a part of it.

Don't use a VCR anymore, have got IQ and then i just transfer everything to my PC to be put onto DVD.

Reply #187402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you transfer from your IQ box to your PC?

Reply #187423 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

anon, I think it would be USB to be USB, then convert it to DVD.

Reply #187426 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Anon thanks for all the help, got a cable from dick smiths and it is all working perfect. Taped todays lakers vs spurs game. All good.

Reply #187436 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

I've got a DVD card in my pc, allows to plug a VCR, video camera and even my IQ into via the RCA ports and run some software DVD software that allows you to play from source and record onto my HDD. Then allows me to add menus, pictures, music and then convert it into a DVD file and then burn to a disc

Reply #187452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh ok sounds good Keefy, cuz i thought that the USB port in the back of the Oz Spec IQ box was dead.

No worries Kobe-4-mvp glad you got it working in time for the game today, was an awesome game.

Reply #187463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #191637 | Report this post

kizza  
Years ago

can you record one foxtel channel on AV, whilst watching a a different channel on foxtel?

Reply #209447 | Report this post

michelle hope  
Years ago

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem but my foxtel volumne was up. i have the scart going to my vcr as well and putting it on av i can watch foxtel through there, but when it comes to recording i have picture but no sound. Also would like to know more about hooking a vcr tv foxtel video camera up to a pc and recording everything onto that.

Reply #234452 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

im running a scart cable with S-video end into my mini dv camera then running the firewire cable from that into the computer then capturing it to record it. only thing is im not getting audio for some reason, any help appreciated.

Reply #264690 | Report this post

Geoff Jarratt  
Years ago

I have Foxtel but not IQ. Can anyone tell me the correct connections so I can record Foxtel programs to my LG V271 VCR.The Foxtel box has 2 scart leads.
Geoff.

Reply #280437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754