Seb
Years ago

end these forums for good

A great AFL story from today's heraldsun for all you haters & bashers out there. End these forums! They are hateful and hurtful and I have seen first hand the damage they do.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23738794-19742,00.html

Topic #15918 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

It is up to the individual not to write hurtful things - to understand that things we post are about real people ... just to do a blanket ban on all forums is an unrealistic view point, like banning drinking cos some people are violent drunks - it doesn't work.

Like all things indviduals must take responsibilty for their own actions and words.

Reply #187415 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

The kid obviously sucks at footy...i'm joking!!!

Reply #187416 | Report this post

Watcher  
Years ago

Don't read it, simple.

Reply #187420 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Man, if everything we say holds weight, then Daniel Joyce must be carrying around a 40Tonne backpack ..

Reply #187422 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh suprised Joyce Jr is still alive considering the bashing you guys give him!

Reply #187424 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Banning forums - Gotta love a good censorship v personal choice argument - and this one is such a militant call for censorship that I can't imagine the most conservative radical supporting it.

Seb, unfortunately not only will you lose the argument from a moral standpoint, what you are suggesting is practically impossible without a small third-world country, a good military junta backing you and your guns firmly trained on the state-controlled media. Honourable mentions to China in the large third-world country bracket.

Reply #187430 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

phil smyth

Reply #187446 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I can see the humour in Seb posting a suggestion on a forum to ban all forums.

Reply #187453 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

What a load of shit

Reading a forum post added to his depression

What ever happened to the old saying

Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me

Build a bridge.....and get over it

Reply #187455 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

gold kad

Censorship is wrong, however forums can represent a form of bullying and the spoken or written word can be equally damaging to a person

Reply #187469 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Seb: You're posting on forums, which you're trying to get canned.

Either you against all forms of public media or you're a patriot of stopping free speech and are doing the proverbial "throwing yourself on the sword" but reading this forum; actually signing up, then posting a complaint.

Either way; if you want to can forums, you'll have to can the internet; since the internet is basically one enormous forum. You'll have to negotiate with a few billion people to do that.

Reply #187474 | Report this post

Dogblow  
Years ago

So a highly paid AFL player is depressed because someone wrote some nasty things about him on a forum? Mummy steps in to protect him? I see the problem now.

Prehaps if they are saying he needs to be tougher, maybe they are not far from the mark.

If a few people got on the forum and praised him would that make him feel better about himself? Maybe his game is suffering because he is focusing on things he cant change, like other peoples opinions, instead of focusing on things he can improve, like his skill level.

Go get a big box of tissues and blow your nose and dry your eyes. You may be a "kid" but you are playing a mans game and everyone except your Mamma expects you to act like one.

Reply #187481 | Report this post

Catseyes  
Years ago

Dogblow - "you are just plain nasty"

Reply #187482 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

I wasn't going to be quite as blunt as Dogblow, but I agree basically.

If its all too hard for him, hand back the contract, give up your $80-100K a year, go back to Uni (on Austudy of $400pfn), or get a trade at a rate of around $20K pa, or preferably in the words of Chopper "Harden the F##k Up!"

Reply #187483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fez is the biggest hipocrit around.
When people have had a legit go at him, he acts like a schoolgirl.

Reply #187485 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Make love, not depression.
Gigigidy gidy goo.

Reply #187486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dogblow I think your comment is pretty close to being on the mark.
If he stopped spending so much time reading about himself like some wannabe celeb, his game would be a lot better for sure.
Most people that are focussed in their sport aren't all that interested in what gets written about them- they know who they are, what they're about and the job they have to go out there and get done.
The kid needs to get over it.

Reply #187500 | Report this post

oldtoby  
Years ago

"Everybody Love Everybody"

Reply #187583 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Nice Anon......maybe post with a name next time dude

Reply #187584 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wah, wah, wah, someone called me a bad name. Dry your eyes Princess and Harden Up.

Reply #187596 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Interesting hearing Phil comment on this, on radio, yesterday.

Reply #187618 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

What did he have to say, Camel31?

Reply #187660 | Report this post

Dogblow  
Years ago

Yeah, cough it up Camel.

Reply #187672 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

' Put a name, address and phone number on it. Anonymous bagging, in the case of ,say , Port Power, can be bad publicity for the club and cost them a sponsor. In my case, If someone thinks I've done something wrong, I prefer they contact me directly, and tell me about it."
Another commentator mentioned that it is defamation.

Reply #187678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754