moose 66
Years ago

Gems team

Does anyone know how competetive the new Gems team is. I see they beat Chinese Taipei in game one. How did they go in the other game and who were their best players. I can't seem to be able to find any results anywhere. Can someone help.

Topic #15922 | Report this topic

moose 66  
Years ago

Was also wondering why the big liz isn't in the team. Who are their bigs and how effective are they?

Reply #187492 | Report this post

Amanda Jones  
Years ago

Liz is recovering from a stress fracture and will be back for nationals. As the team needs to qualify fro worlds in August in Adelaide there is no point taking the chance on a it recuring given the schedule they have up till August. I guess you get a better understanding of how they are travelling when they finish in France.

Taipei arent a messure as theya re crap!

Reply #187520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beat them by 4 or 5 in the 2nd game. Were up by 15 late in the game and just lost focus a bit.... Liz will be back I would think once recovered from injury

Reply #187528 | Report this post

wondering  
Years ago

Are there any results/stats for these games anywhere. It would be good to see how the girls went.

Reply #187558 | Report this post

still wondering  
Years ago

why haven't the gems stats been made available. It would be good to see how all the girls fared. The emus have all their game reports available so what is the deal here. Why aren't their box scores on the BA site. Anyone with any info with who did what???

Reply #187648 | Report this post

mouse  
Years ago

Rumour has it that Katie Rae Ebzery has pulled out of Gems tour to France. Does anyone know what the story is?

Reply #189737 | Report this post

phoenix  
Years ago

Kate has been replaced by a 15 year old Forestville youngster who was called up at last minute.

Reply #190688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone can give me a run down from the gems? like it's selection and who on the team last year to this year etc.

Reply #190693 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This team doesnt appear to have much physical strength. More focussed on the athletic but reckon need a bit of toughness in there!

Reply #191038 | Report this post

batman  
Years ago

Lost grand final to Lithuania by 30.Draw at half time.

Reply #191052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754