concerned
Years ago

Children should be encouraged

Children should be encouraged not belittled and told off in front of their team mates for the making of one mistake.

All coaches have to get the play by the rules certificate before they get their coaches pass and should be expected to follow the guidelines of this.

They are children after all not adults and they should be playing for enjoyment it's not win at all costs.

Too many juniors pull out of sports because of how they are teated by coaches and other parents on the sidelines.

I know that if a coach spoke to my child in this way that they would not be playing for that team any more by their choice.

I was discusted by what I heard across two courts at Morphettvale on Friday night and I hope that this never happens again.

LET THE CHILDREN PLAY

Topic #15936 | Report this topic

Shaun  
Years ago

Dear Concerned

This is post has put a bad light on all coaches that were at Morphett Vale on Friday night. Which club are you referring to, is it Southern, West, North? They were all there. I was coaching there as well, are you referring to me? If you are truly concerned, please contact the club involved, don't stir the pot.

Shaun

Reply #187613 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

Court 2 and 3 would have been all Southern games and coaches?

Reply #187647 | Report this post

Dont be  
Years ago

The way he spoke to the U12 girls is nothing. He is a bully has had complaints about his bullying put to the club and all thrown out as he is supported fully by the club.
No point posting here as he has the full support of southern.
It was that bad that even the umpires were socked at the yelling and intimidation of the U12 girls.
Remember why, his daughter was not passed the ball....What you get when parents coach their own daughter
No more comments as he as full support of the president and the club. He is the best coach at southern so is allowed to ignore the 'code of coduct' because that only applies to real coaches.
leave him alone to continue his verbal intimidation of the kids.
Southern support this. End of thread. thanks

Reply #187652 | Report this post

Murry Magpie  
Years ago

Dear "Don't be",
Belittling children is not an acceptable way to coach. Sounds like it is the U12 Girls Southern Tigers coach - after checking the table, if that top comment is true, no wonder they are winless this season.
Sounds like some people need to go into the room of mirrors and have a good at themselves

Reply #187654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive that he is a teacher as well! See if he intimidates this week down the hill?

Reply #187687 | Report this post

Casual Observer  
Years ago

Is it always guys who coach girls that "lose it" or are women coaches prone to the same thing?

I have seen plenty of male coaches go to town on kids, but I cant remember ever being shocked at a womens behaviour in around 10 years of spectating.

Reply #187693 | Report this post

Brenton Davies  
Years ago

Normally I would not bother to post on here but this post intrigues me so to whoever posted this thread and those that have jumped on the bandwagon.

I was at the game as my daughter plays in the team and I was sitting on the bench 5 feet away from the Coach and players. At no stage did he belittle the girls nor swear at them as some have reported.

I guess being 2 courts away would make it difficult to hear.

The Coach has taken over half way through the year in difficult circumstances and if you have an issue please call me on 0434 172 782.

He has our full support.

Brenton Davies
President

Reply #187698 | Report this post

intheknow  
Years ago

The same way the previous coach had "our full support"

No translation required.

Reply #187737 | Report this post

Mrs. W. Houston  
Years ago

Personaly, I believe that children are our future;
Teach them well and let them lead the way;
Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be!

Reply #187764 | Report this post

I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed at least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity

Reply #187770 | Report this post

Mr? M.Jackson  
Years ago

I am always encouraging to any children...

Reply #187772 | Report this post

Mrs. W. Houston  
Years ago

#187770 & #187772 Gold!

Like me you obviously have way to much time on your hands.

Reply #187775 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LAST 4 THREADS GOLD.

Reply #187818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754