lethal5
Years ago

Game 3 Celtics v Pistons "SPOILERS"

It's a great day to be a Celtics fan! Home court advantage is restored.

Topic #15937 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

The Pistons starters mostly had shockers, aside from Hamilton who had a decent game.
Boston had 6 players score in double figures & at one stage led by 24 in the 3rd quarter. Considering Pierce & Allen didn't have massive games, it was a great win. A good allround team performance.
Detroit mised their first 10 3-point attempts before they hit one late in the game.

Reply #187625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hamilton only had 4 points in first half, so had solid 2nd half. Stucky looked unstoppable at one point, who said wallace would shut kg down, shame on u

Reply #187627 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeeaah! Too true Lethal 5, saw most of today's game and the Celtics really turned around a disappointing defensive effort in game 2.

The Pistons were surprisingly poor apart from the end of the first quarter and their pressure defence against Boston's subs early in the 2nd.

The most important thing for the Celtics though, was that they finally played a good, composed game on the road.

Garnett has really got Wallace's number and I think Pierce is in control of his matchup with Prince.

Perkins was BIG for the Celtics again today. In Boston's two wins against Detroit he has played well at both ends. Not a coincidence I think!

Rondo is still showing his inexperience at times, but its pretty clear that either he plays well or the Celtics offence will be a disaster. I still think his matchup with Billups/ Stuckey is the one on which this series will turn.

Raj against the Machine!!!

Reply #187633 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Congratulations Beantown, looks like your team just got over the hump!

Pistons are WAY from being done.

Watched some highlights and noticed some plays where my man Wallace totally lost where KG was. (the oop comes to mind)

Seems like the same old deal with the pistons, here one game, gone the next.

I still think they have the team that should beat the celtics. I would change my mind if perhaps the celtics had been together longer, and had a differen't coach...

Billups injury takes a lot away from the pistons, but it is frustrating to see wallace play the game the way he does, he could totally dominate out there.

He needs to score the lost Billups points, needs to take charge and get a least 20per for the remainder of the series.

Rip can't do it all on his own, otherwise it is R.I.P.P (rest in peace pistons.)

Reply #187663 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

When was the last decent Playoff game Ray Allen played in??
All the posts i read are RA with another quiet game...

Reply #187721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754