Big Ads
Years ago

District Basketball Competitions in Melbourne

Hoping people can help a friend of mine who recently moved to Melbourne.

She was playing Division 3 here in Adelaide and is now looking to play in a similar type of competition in Melbourne.

Social competitions don't really interest her and would prefer to approach a club located in or around the inner northern suburbs (i.e. Collingwood, Fitzroy, Carlton).

Has anybody else been in this situation before that can pass on some advice on how to join a team.

Topic #15943 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Around the area you mention, Collingwood is pobably the right Association for her to sign up with.
They generally have teams of SA Div 3 equivalent ability, if not a bit higher so they would be worth a shot. You should be able to find a link to their website through the BV website. Collingood are not one of the major Associations, but they are solid.

Alternatively the closer ones nearby would be Darebin (based in Reservoir), Melbourne (play at MSAC but train at Oakleigh - fair way away). The Hawthorn Association I guess is not too far away either. Melbourne and Hawthorn are pretty strong, Darebin around the mark too.

Reply #187650 | Report this post

Dogblow  
Years ago

Contact the Collingwood Allstars; if she is any good at colour coordinating her wardrobe she will probably make their Div 1 side!

Reply #187670 | Report this post

HotRod  
Years ago

Nunawading at Burwood east, might be a bit far?

Coburg club still running?

Reply #187699 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

Coburg is dead now. Go to Collingwood or Darebin or even try Melbourne tigers who run their own comp out of the sports and equatic centre - that is quite strong. Just go to VBL ste and the links are there for you.

Reply #187733 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

hey i'm just wondering if you have any lower grade mens comps starting soon around the inner eastern suburbs?
Cheers
Tim

Reply #236362 | Report this post

abdul  
Years ago

heyy guys..
iam looking for a basketball club to play near by bundoora..
i hav jus traveld frm overseas so dont know any places.
so please help me out..
if any info you guys have please email me.
[email protected]

Reply #270458 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Contact the Darebin Giants or Diamond Valley Eagles. Look up their websites for contact details.

Reply #270466 | Report this post

victoria  
Years ago

I have recently moved to Melbourne and I would like to join a basketball team - I am around a B grade player.
I live in Yarraville...any ideas about who to contact this late in the session?

Reply #280149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im wanting to start a womens team more for fitness and social purposes. But we all used to play. I live in bayside so something at the King club or MSAC would suit. Email me any reccomendations:

[email protected]

Reply #280999 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754