jj
Years ago

Will Pero Destroy Forestville?

I have heard that Pero isn't very good for team chemistry many times before and now he might be taking up some of Peter Hoban's minutes. Hoban has been a star the last few weeks including a 35 point game. Thoughts?

Topic #15945 | Report this topic

shin splints  
Years ago

If anyone can manage all the egos involved its Andy Simons.

Reply #187651 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

There's no question Andy is a great coach and having too many bigs generally would be a good problem for any coach to have, so we will just have to wait and see.

Reply #187656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoban will not loose minutes..i wish people would stop saying that. Hoban is much better than Pero...everyone inlcluding Simons would know that. But having Pero as a back up would def be pretty handy.

Reply #187659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, if Hoban is that good do you think he will play NBL like Pero has?

Reply #187668 | Report this post

Watcher  
Years ago

Hoban may not lose minutes but he sure as hell won't see the ball as much!

Reply #187677 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

The real key to the Eagle's engine is the backcourt. Players like Hoban, Oakley thrive on the dribble penetration of the Sutton, Sullivan and now Gerlach. Stopping Forestville has always been trying to slow down their running game, and their ability to spread the floor with their 3pt shooting - which in turn opens up their inside game. Don't get me wrong, Hobo and Oakley are great players and super athletes, but place them with an inferior back court and their games change.

Adding Pero simply strengthens their rebounding, and gives them another post who demands a double team. Its just up to Pero whether he can make the right pass out of the double.

Like I said earlier, Coach Simons can handle his business.

Reply #187684 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Spot on shin splints - a great post. That's the nature of team sport, the sum of the parts are worth more...

Do I think Pero WILL destroy Forestville? No. But most would agree that there is potential there. No team who brings in a big time player mid way through the season would be immune to that.

Reply #187689 | Report this post

Casual Observer  
Years ago

He certainly helped "destroy" Sturt on Saturday night.

Reply #187690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Hoban can play NBL. Ninnis has to pick him for a development spot this year...the rest will be up to him, but he is definately strong enough. At almost 110kg, with very little body fat and still only 21 years old and around 6'7, i think he could be a good back up for any NBL club in a year or two.

Reply #187692 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think he is more like 6 nine/6 ten too

Reply #187715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having said all that, they have won championships when they had dix and a supporting cast.
The years they recruited other players they fell short (like Pero, Willie simmons etc).

Reply #187728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PERO IS A BEAST BABYYYYYYYYYYY

Reply #191591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754