Blazefan
Years ago

Could the NBL Schedule be minus two teams?

Firstly, despite my long standing hatred of both the Kings and specifically the Bullets, the NBL is going to be very much the poorer without these two teams. I sincerely hope that those responsible can work somthing out that can allow these teams to remain in the competition this coming season.

Having said this though, what I'm reading suggests that miracles will be required for both to survive. We have a real possibility of losing these two teams and completely stuffing the current schedule.

As I've already started paying for my season tickets, I'm not too happy about the possibility of losing at least 3 home games.

Is it safe to assume then, that if we drop to 11 teams, the League will move to a schedule where all teams play each other three times? This seems very logical as it will result in the current 30 game (15 home game) schedule to remain. But it's a pretty sucky way to get parity though.

Also will it be just the top six through to the playoffs?

Topic #15959 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, don't get so ahead of yourself, alright?
Just settle down- the rest of us will be waiting for proper announcements before we start dividing and multiplying the cost benefit of how many games will get revised for our season tickets.
Jesus!

Reply #187787 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I would think they would as several clubs would have sponsorship deals already in place and possibly paid for on the basis of 30 games.

My concern would be, would the league look at slighly increasing the points and salary cap to allow all the redundant players to find new homes?

Reply #187788 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Anonymous Jesus! #187787,

As a fair percentage of posts to this site involve speculation prior to "proper announcements" it's funny how you've jumped on my post.

Also, given that I've paid money for something I expect to get, shouldn't I be concerned with the fact that, less than 100 days from the season start, there's a chance that not one, but TWO opposing teams (including our biggest rival) may not make it?

If you don't like the speculation and rumours that almost everyone else comes to this site looking for, head back to NBL.com.au and have fun waiting for those 'proper announcements' ZZZZZZZZZZ

Reply #187792 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The NBL seems to potentially be coming full circle. I have more of a feeling that IF Sydney and/or Brisbane went down, it would only be a season or two before the clubs get revived.

There aren't many investors who are capable of long term investments in clubs nowadays so there is probably going to be some problems with clubs going defunct for a year then coming back with a new owner at the helm.

And yes, while I don't like Sydney or Brisbane; that's the whole point of any sport, you have Arch-rivals, favourites and complete bastard teams you hope your team shit-cans by 35+pts.

Reply #187795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754