Carpenter
Years ago

Blow it up, start again..

Sad, but necessary. There seems to be bandaid fixes all over the place, but the wounds are gushing blood. Such a pity this is going on. The whole sport needs a revamp/revitalisation.

Topic #15964 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume you're talking about the NBL...

Reply #187831 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I assume you are copying Mike W previously of the Kings

Reply #187832 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

He could be talking about that horrifying new tax on my cans of BOURBON.

Reply #187833 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

yeah how lame is that, cos all the young girls i know drink jack daniels cans. alcopops my left ballbag.

Reply #187834 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Not the worst suggestion ever put up this forum... A revamped competition seems to have worked for soccer and netball in recent times.

Reply #187835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on the news Mike said they should stop the league, and a season and a half later make a new competition with serious people who can make the risky decisions.

Reply #187837 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

is what is needed and they should do it... as for the booze, did they actually think that putting a new tax on pre mixed drinks would stop under agers drinking? now they get drunk for cheaper

Reply #187841 | Report this post

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

exactly its funny how sales in alcohol have gone up substantially and its all wwine and bottles of spirits wont stop anyone drinking

Reply #187846 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Now they are talking about stopping "happy hours" and shots at pubs and clubs!!! What a joke...

Reply #187855 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Panther - I was gonna post yesterday getting everyone's thoughts on the newly proposed "happy hour" ban.

Thank god I lived through an age where getting rip roaringly blind was not discouraged ... and licensed venues actually encouraged it a little with good drink prices.

Why is there suddenly a problem - we have all been binge drinking for years - why is it now an issue?

Reply #187863 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

And these days the majority of the population are obese or overweight so arguably can handle their alcohol better. And arguably would have eaten before they started drinking. And arguably would have eaten a buffet which means even better. And arguably it would take them longer to waddle to the bar and find a spot big enough hence drinking time is lowered.

Reply #187872 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

The whole binge drinking thing is just a cover. Its a tax to reduce spending to hopefully help curb inflation. The same reason they wont take excise off fuel.

Reply #187874 | Report this post

Boo Radley  
Years ago

We're all living in a Nana state.

Binge drinking isn't a new millenium thing.

Has it gotten worse the 10 - 20 - 30 yers ago?

Reply #187875 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Personally - I think cos there are more photos of it (due to digital cameras and Facebook) people think it is more prevelant

Reply #187876 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

"Blow it up, start again.." sounds like my sex life

Reply #187879 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

On the subject topic, Boti has weighed in on this point:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23769956-12428,00.html

(Linky no respond)

Reply #187881 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That deserve a little ball MW.....

Reply #187883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SVD,

Because it is the minority interest groups, of which most of the population are not members of nor do we seemingly care about due to apathy and inaction, and thus, those with big mouths and voices then generate media intervention by harassing that medium to bring us such great things like alcopop excise tax increases, affirmative action, international treaty declarations, land rights, and gay whale protection orders.

I wonder how many people are now thinking twice or ten times about the Rudd(erless) government they voted in! There is more to come, wait and see. :(

Reply #187886 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

if they stop happy hour and shots i don't know what i will do... we are getting more and more lame just like queensland, whats next? getting rid of the red light system we have so we can have big ass waits in traffic

Reply #187916 | Report this post

Liberal  
Years ago

Kevin 07 only responds with knee jerk reactions to popular trendy opinions.

Australia is facing the highest petrol prices, highest interest rates and the highest amount of government reviews and debates in decades.

Vote Labor did we? If you did you got what you wanted, didnt you?

Reply #188092 | Report this post

Rat1  
Years ago

Phew, thought Carpenter was suggesting the Dome should be blown up.

Reply #188097 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Grow up, get over it. bring in prohibition!

The drinking to excess and the violence it begets is worse now than at any time past.

This is not a youth bashing excercise as, in truth the majority of the problems are coming from the older generation, i cant believe how many 35-45 year olds think they need to be drunk in order to have a good time, or appear "cool".

I challenge anyone here to offer me one good reason to get mindnumbingly drunk. Sure, a few beers...a nice wine etc etc is all fine...but whats with the totally wasted, senseless binge sessions?

our resident police officer may like to comment on my statisitcs to follow, but as i understand it 70% of police time is spent dealing with people affected by alcohol...just read that again 70% !!!! think of what they could be doing if they didnt have to waste all that time.

ok ok..ill stop...ban booze

Reply #188105 | Report this post

Camel 42  
Years ago

You can have a good time and not be drunk?

No way, you are lying!

Reply #188143 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Kevin 07 only responds with knee jerk reactions to popular trendy opinions"

Or worse.....spends over $2million dollars on getting an elite group of people together, so that they can "represent average Australians" and formulate a whole new range of trendy opinions for him to knee-jerk to.

Welcome to the 2020 Summit.

Reply #188153 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

$2 million dollars? I thought if you were invited to 2020 you had to get to Canberra yourself?

So what was that money spent on? Scones and coffee?

Reply #188155 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

scones..coffee and alcopops

:)

Reply #188175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754