skip
Years ago

Hinson signs with the Wildcats until 2011

Darnell Hinson who played last season with the Pigs has signed a 3 year deal with the wildcats.
I personally didnt rate him all that highly myself and find 3 years being quite a surprise.

Full story - http://linky.com.au/pa1ic

Topic #15967 | Report this topic

the_champ33  
Years ago

You beat me to this post. I certainly thought he was over-rated a lot. He played pretty average when they played @ The Dome.

I'm also surprised @ the 3 yr deal.

Reply #187873 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Started the season with a bang but was heavily scouted and struggled after Martin went down with an injury.

That said, he was the only star on the undermanned pigs, I think he will do well in Perth where he will be one of a half dozen true scoring options. That should free up his game quite a lot.

As for the three years, I assume that this must mean they have decided Hinson is the next Ricky Grace, and mean to keep him there for the rest of his natural life! Seems a little bit risky if some of those years are not at the club's option. But on any view, it has to be an improvement on the Fisher import roundabout, which really didn't assist the Wildcats at all. They let some pretty good talent get away, only to replace them with inferior replacements.

Reply #187877 | Report this post

worried  
Years ago

Will the NBL still be around in 2011?

Do Perth have to pay out his contract if it isnt?

Reply #187921 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

thats actually a good point "worried" should the NBL go under as it looks like it is going to, would clubs have to pay out contracts because of the leagues collapse?

Reply #187925 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

good signings

Reply #187932 | Report this post

lebron23  
Years ago

good signing

Reply #187933 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

"Potentially" good signing.

Reply #187957 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754