Quagmire
Years ago

Pistons Celtics G5 preview (spoiler)

How nervous are celtic fans right now???

You guys have everything to lose today. Lose this game, off to detroit you go. Now i know you won one on the road, but do you really think detroit will play that badly in an elimination game? Not likely.

So my question is this.... If you as a fan are nervous (coz deep down you know your in real trouble today) then how nervous must the great KG be??!!

He is gonna be so tight it wouldn't surprise me if we see our first ever spotanious human combustion take place on center court.

The last 5 minutes of this game will be pistons up by 5 or 6 and Hamilton hitting every free throw to seal the win for detroit.

Sorry celtics.

Topic #15970 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any live streaming of the game today?

Reply #187948 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

How is this a spoiler? Are you claiming 100% prophetic accuracy on your end-game prediction? :)

Reply #187949 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Sorry dude, just want to make sure its safe in the future, i'll probably post some stuff during the game (slow day at work)

I was going to write "eventual spoiler" but it wouldn't fit...

Reply #187951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Quagmire but boston going to be all business tonight and get the job down. Boston wont have to bad shootiing games in a row.

Reply #187953 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Nervous? F that, I am pumped. After years of being more interested in the numbers written down on small balls compared to winning games its nice to be able to care about a game that actually means something. They key for Boston is intensity that we can switch on and off for no apparent reason and keeping Ray Allen effective. Try getting him some easy open looks at the start to gain his confidence so he can be effective. If he is playing like sheit then limit his minutes and give them to Posey. Lakers v Celtics finals here we come.

Reply #187958 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Nah it's cool, I was just being a pedant for amusement's sake.

fwiw, I say Boston will take it out at home. I'm certainly rooting for Detroit, but I think KG and friends will be up to the task today.

Reply #187960 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Pistons for me! Big Shot to break out of his Funk, Allen to continue stinking it up (on both ends) Dice to keep rollin, Stuckey to tear it up again & the Celtics crowd to be taken out of the game within the first 5 minutes..

Reply #187966 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

After watching the horrible no-call on Barry's attempted game winner yesterday (there's ya spoiler) i have to think the league is all about getting a lakers celtics finals series. That was a basic call man and Barry to the line for 3? Worst case scenario he only gets two for the overtime.

I mention this only as a warning to the piston faithful. Wallace and co better be careful coz the refs would love any excuse to call em on detroit.

anon-
"Sorry Quagmire but boston going to be all business tonight and get the job down. Boston wont have to bad shootiing games in a row."

-Job down? (job done)
-to bad shooting nights (try TWO bad shooting nights)

This is clearly the product of the "spell check" generation.

TC- shooters get found out in the playoffs. Defenders hustle so much harder to close out on open looks. Allen kills regular season, playoffs is a step up that at 33 he can't take.

Reply #187974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

live stream link anyone??

Reply #187977 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

its a close one in the 2nd.

Reply #187983 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Good game so far, Perkins has been huge so far he is busting his arse off. I think at the end of the first the basket should have counted, looked like a goal tend. Boston need to cut down the turnovers and look after the ball better.

Quagmire, Ray Allen is obviously down on confidence, but I would hardly say he is past it at 32. I just hope Doc is capable of making the right decisions when needed which I kinda doubt.

KG just put Ratliff on a poster :-)

Reply #187985 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey Quagmire,
No doubt, Pistons have got a chance today. Once again in the 2nd quarter the Celtics have done their best to sabotage themselves with bad turnovers and missed defensive assignments.

If it wasn't for that poor stretch for the first half of the 2nd quarter, Perkins stellar play would have them up by plenty.

KG hasn't looked close to combusting so far, but he hasn't taken charge offensively like he did earlier in the series either.

Pierce has played an excellent game again and Allen is doing a decent job tonight.

All in all, if Boston tighten up on their D and turnovers, they should win this tonight, based on what I have seen first half.

Reply #188000 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

GO PERKINS!!!

Reply #188001 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

RAY ALLEN FOR THREEEEE!!!!!

He's finally starting to feel it

Reply #188003 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wallace and McDyess have 4 fouls!

Reply #188004 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I actually have liked Boston's D tonight in general, a lot of Detroit's points are coming near the end of the shot clock and Sheed is shooting the ball well from 3 point land. Ray isn't forcing it tonight and the dribble penetration we are using in the third is leading to good looks. Perk and Rondo continue to step up to the plate.

Reply #188005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quagmire you just talking about spelling and grammar, because your predict is wrong and by the sounds of it are a boston hater. Boston is team to beat this playoffs.

Reply #188008 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

TC, overall you're right, Boston's D has been good. I was talking about that stretch in the 2nd quarter where we were just losing concentration and missing defensive assignments too often.

They corrected that late in the 2nd and have done a good job through most of the 3rd.

Ray Allen is having his best game in about 2 months, which is helping a LOT!

Reply #188009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ray Ray is dominating both ends of the court

Reply #188010 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Lloyd - could you actually be any more wrong?

go Laers - I want TAB to pay out my first ever win on any bet I've ever placed. Ever.

Reply #188011 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

*Lakers

Reply #188012 | Report this post

Why don't the refs just add more time to the end of the 3rd quarter. Or get some skill. Don't they call travels in the playoffs. what a stupid game. If Perkins wasn't dominating i would be disgusted

Reply #188014 | Report this post

Can we please get Mark Jackson and Van Gundy to call every game. They are the only 2 commentators with any balls to disagree with stupid nba calls and decisions. Mike Breen sucks, at least get Marv Albert/Kevin Harlam cos they have better catch phrases.

Reply #188016 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ray Allen ALL STAR quarter! Nice to see the guy get back on track.

So anyone got a good nick name for Perkins? He needs an upgrade from just 'Perk'.

Reply #188017 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

KG with two clutch baskets so far in the 4th

Reply #188018 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Gotta close this game out, Detroit are definitely capable of going on a few runs yet. The commentators came up with KP43 at some stage but sought of dropped it coz it was lame. I've always just gone with Perk, no need for something that sounds like a mix between CP3 and AK47.

Reply #188021 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

6 minutes to go - Celtics bench has scored 3 points.

Reply #188022 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm hoping Perk turns into 'The Chief 2.0' over the next year or so! (Might be a bit optimistic, but every now and then his turnarounds on the baseline have reminded me of Parish)

Pistons are playing clutch right now, making shots and seeking steals. Celtics need to show some poise.

Reply #188023 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Looks like the celts should get this one, nice effort, i didn't think they had it in em...

All of Rasheeds fg have been treys? Totally takes away from the possibility of getting any foul pressure on KG/Perk.... not that the refs would call anything on the team in green.... ;-)

Hey Anal (i mean anon but i'm sticking to the "can't spell" theme)
i don't hate the celts at all. I'm a jazz fan since bulls v blazers on the mega drive. Also like the knicks coz i got family in NY.
I'm a fan of pistons style so if i am slightly bias towards them, sue me. Wouldn't really have a problem if celts lakers played in the finals, just want to be certain all teams played on a level field...

Meanwhile Rasheed missed another trey and got a tech. Flip must be screaming inside his head right now...

Reply #188024 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

It would appear that everytime i bag a guy they step up, so for all you spurs fans out there, Finley is a washed up joke who can't play D or hit the ocean if he fell out a boat. There, that should do it.

Reply #188025 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I hope i'm not misinterpreting you Quagmire but this game is far from over.. are you actually watching the game? 6 point lead with 4 minutes left.. thats a whole lot of time.

Reply #188026 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That was a terrible call on Rondo. A REAL soft bail out on that 3. Contrast that with Barry getting hammered at the end of that last Lakers Spurs game.

Reply #188028 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Dude, i'm at work! Watching updates on gamecast...
Pistons coming back but i'll take the team up by 3 or more in the last minute ev time. At home too...

(again i have sneakily employed the dreaded reverse mocker)

Reply #188029 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Time for someone to step up.

Reply #188030 | Report this post

Man, what a player stuckey is.

Pierce travels every time he catches it. And the only travel they have called (On Ray allen) it was a foul. Great job umpires

Reply #188031 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Holy crap it worked! Even as i was typing the reverse mocker guided stuckey's trey threw the hoop!

(man i gotta get out more.)

Reply #188032 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Really don't like the way C's collapse on D so much in that situation. Pierce had the lane covered. Posey needed to stay on Stuckey in the corner.

Pistons in the box seat (reverse mocker time for me)

Come on Celtics!

Reply #188033 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Clutch shot from RAY ALLEN! Bad that the Celtics didn't get the rebound down the other end though. Could be crucial to the outcome.

Reply #188034 | Report this post

Stuckeys my new fav player. Billups incarnate.

Reply #188035 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I think Rondo made the right play with the foul, here goes.. Ray ray to the line

Reply #188037 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Ray will hit both.

(massive reverse mocker!)

Reply #188038 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Well done ray, i'm happy for the guy.

C'mon Stuck-boy...

Reply #188039 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Did Stuckey mean to hit that?!

Reply #188040 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Nice one Celtics, big win. Gotta think there will be a game 7 on this court...

Stuck-boy is the real deal.

1.6 million.

My rough guess at how many articles are being written about Ray Allen at this very moment.

Reply #188043 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think you over-employed the reverse mocker there Quagmire. That second one snuffed the effectiveness of your first, while mine continued to subtly influence the outcome of the game. Man I'm clutch! ;-)

KG was more clutch though, making those two FTs at the end and helping Ray to keep those feisty Pistons at bay.

Tough game all around. Detroit showed what 6 straight years of ECF can do for your ability to perform under pressure.

Boston learnt a lot about how hard they will have to play to close a team like Detroit out.

Reply #188048 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Giving it some further thought and i actually like the Celts to perhaps make a real game of it in Detroit. Having removed the pressure a little bit they can perhaps free themselves up and add some more flow to their game.

Pistons will be hard to close out on their home court thought...

And i did go for one too many reverse mockers.
It turned out to be a reverse, reverse mocker. Rookie mistake by me.
I'll come back better for game 6.

Reply #188049 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think this series is going 7 too. (I predicted 4-3 Celtics before it started).

The Celtics starters played a lot more than normal tonight, especially Rondo. They will be a little tired in Detroit and it may be too much for them to get up and win on the road again.

Right now the Celtics bench is a real weakness for them, particularly at PG. If I'm Doc I play them in game 6 though. If they play well the Celtics may nick the game and close the series. If they don't (likely) then at least the Celtics starters get a breather going home.

Reply #188050 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

See you for game 6 Rookie Quagmire! ;-)

Reply #188051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754