Phizzer
Years ago

Red on Roundball

http://www.nba.com/roundball/index.html (sorry, add a link not working)

I have an old VHS copy of Red on Roundball, some great stuff on there (including some incredible passing and ball skills by Pistol Pete).

How relevant is what Red taught then to now? Can we still teach young players the same set of skills and lessons and they still be competitive and relevant?

As a point guard, I hated his "no pass is a good pass, unless somebody catches it" theory as I often threw great passes that the dopey centre/forward dropped and he hated flashy players, but still taught great fundementals.

What do people think?

Topic #15976 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

"I often threw great passes that the dopey centre/forward dropped"

ahhahaha...

"I'm great, everyone else sucks"

Reply #188057 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I suppose you also hate Bill Russell's shot blocking technique of altering the shot rather than putting it in the first row?

"I often do huge rejections, it's just that I never have players fast enough to run over and catch it before it flies out of bounds".

Reply #188058 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Anyone know how to save this stuff from the NBA website? Or anywhere else to get it from. Looks pretty good actually.

Reply #188063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754