Quagmire
Years ago

Lakers v Spurs G5 *spoiler*

Spurs looking solid right now, up by 15, reminds me of game 1 though...

You would think the lakers will make numerous comebacks in the second half, get the feeling the spurs are keyed in though.

Kobe yet to get to the line. For you lucky buggers watching the game, is he taking it in strong? Or is he getting no love from the refs? (highly unlikely)

Topic #15986 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Well that didn't take long, lakers back to 6 down at the half. Kobe looks to be getting hot again...
Parker really struggling to finish...
Poo on track for a big game, gonna need someone else to help out...Finley?

Reply #188186 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Hey Quagmire, that "reverse mocker" you put on Finley yesterday seems to have worked. He's the Spurs leading scorer at the half!
C'mon Spurs, pinch this one. I'm a Celtics fan but just want the West to go down to the wire.
Duncan almost had a double-double by halftime. If he keeps this up he could be as good as K.Perkins one day!

Reply #188187 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers coming at the end of the 3rd

Lamar Odom has finally worked it out....no one on that Spurs roster can stop him

Cmon Lakers

Reply #188191 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Odom is a top player when he isn't stoned...

Reply #188192 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Quagmire.......what shit are u on mate?...lol

Reply #188193 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers up by 1 and the end of the 3rd

Reply #188194 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Screw this, its friday, i'm heading to the pub for the last quarter! Go Spurs!!!!

Reply #188196 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Just noticed...and this is bad for the Spurs

Duncan leads his team in Pts, Reb and Assists at the end of the 3rd..with 13/12/7

Reply #188198 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Spurs are old and aged now from all the previous campaigns.

Teams are outrunning them more now and more athletic.

Spurs only have 2-3 years of being @ the top.

Go Lakers!

Be the first finalist then let the Celtics follow.

Reply #188203 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Duncan only 2 assists off a triple-double with 10 minutes left. But, he's missed 4 foul shots... hope that's not the difference at the end.

Reply #188204 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

How did Kobe not get foul shots on that drive when Duncan hit him

Then Duncan pushes Gasol in the back for the rebound

Nothing

Refs trying to even it up for the Game 4 blunder perhaps??

Reply #188206 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I hope the refs don't try to make up for the no-call. I'm a Spurs fan, but that's playoff basketball. They were never going to make that call.

Reply #188207 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

I hope the refs don't try to make up for the bad call either, but why should playoff bball be called any differently to the regular season! I'm a Celtics fan, not a Spurs fan, but that should have been called in Game 4 as a foul before the shot!

Reply #188209 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

hmmmm looks like Kobe ain't gonna let the spurs get this one...

Back from the pub too, SA sucks, no ESPN in a sports bar!!!! FFS!!!!

Reply #188210 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Defense wins championships. Look at tony parkers shot chart, he is not a good jump shooter, but that is what the lakers made him do. His talent was scoring on the drive and the lakers appear to have taken that away from him. Well done lakers, champ favourites for sure.

Reply #188211 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Lakers win the game!

Bye bye Spurs

Kobe goes to the finals since Shaq leaves.

Let's go Celtics now.

Reply #188212 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Kobe played great, but because i hate him, you really have to give a ton of credit to Phil Jax, the coaching staff and Gasol. Gasol made some huge defensive plays down the stretch and the coaching staff have continued to take apart the opposition.

Offense is like fire, you need all the elements to make it work, you take away one element- no fire.

Lakers identified Parker getting into the lane as an element and decided to challenge him to make jump shots.

They did the same thing to Utah when they removed the Boozer element, no jazz fire.

You would have to think they will have no problem removing the KG element if they play them in the finals, with the length of Gasol and Odom (lol)

Piston would be the tougher match-up for the lakers.

Reply #188216 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Gasol has been the difference once he arrived and he showed it tonight. Well done Pau Gaosl.

Reply #188226 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Lakers win...

....DANCE BREAK!

...and now I knock back a FUIC for Pau and Kobe.

Reply #188233 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

If the Lakers can get over the east champs...that'll give Phil 10 rings won't it? only one away from Red Auerbach if I'm not mistaken...

Reply #188235 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

"Lakers coach Phil Jackson has won nine championships, tied for the NBA record with former Boston coach Red Auerbach."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280529013

Reply #188251 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

You bloody beauty! I'm delighted to see the Lakers back in the Finals but JUST ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to see the Spurs GONE!

Reply #188259 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

All laker fan! bynum back next yr!!!we be dominating for a LLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time!!!!

Reply #188265 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

LA Boy,

As long as someone steps up to equal Kobe for when he retires or steps down then they'll be dominating for a long time.

If kobe goes, the lakers will drop down a level and will have to rely on Gasol and Odom getting 30+ppg to fill the void.

LA is one of those teams which is good but is lead by a flagship player; who tend to die in the arse on most occasions when that player is gone. Thank christ they have Gasol now. They actually have depth if Kobe can't play (or GTFO)

Reply #188267 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yo, bynum's our next guy! that's what i'm saying we got a guy coming right after our mvp, in fact farmar looking promising like hell too! gasol and odom's will be our 2nd and 3rd option after #24's done! plus good team always has the potential to attract star players to sign so who know what more can come!!!

Reply #188271 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

odom will go at the same time as bryant. may consider that. but hey dont get to cocky yet LA BOY.

Reply #188277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754