Anonymous
Years ago

TV Right for Upcoming Boomers Games

Does foxtel have the TV rights to the upcoming Australia vs Iran and/or the Australia vs New Zealand basketball series? If not a FTA station really should jump on board. It would just a few games, if they get good ratings thaey can show it again and if they're not satisfied, so be it. I might right a letter to every FTA station regarding this if foxtel don't already have the rights.

Topic #15990 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

good idea go for gold

Reply #188272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol the way i wrote that last sentence sound really stupid when i actually read it. anyway please discuss. do fox have the rights?

Reply #188275 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

with the olympics coming up, this would be a good way to grasp if there would be any interest in the boomers to give them an idea if they would be worth showing at all, if even at midnight. i know im sick of seeing swimmers and other boring athletes like them.

Reply #188282 | Report this post

Flanders  
Years ago

It wont even half fill the dome or any other venue. Why would FTA want to telecast it?

Reply #188291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am looking forward to the synchronised swimming on TV- simply rivetting!

Reply #188294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All 3 games against Iran and the 2 against New Zealand will be shown on Fox.

Reply #188305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It wont even half fill the dome or any other venue. Why would FTA want to telecast it?" - I think you'll find the dome would be a fair bit fuller than that. But there has been NO publicity that this event is even on and thats what I'm worried about.

Reply #188312 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

They will struggle to get a decent crowd in Melbourne as poor scheduling has the game being played on a Friday night - which just happens to be when the Vic rep-leagues play!
Basketball Victoria even posted a statement on their website to try and explain why the game is on a Friday as they apparently were receiving lots of negative feedback from the Associations and general public:

http://linky.com.au/dxlyp

Reply #188315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"All 3 games against Iran and the 2 against New Zealand will be shown on Fox." - Do you KNOW that or THINK that?

Reply #188323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I KNOW that

Reply #188326 | Report this post

L  
Years ago

I reckon they'll get under 2k at the Dome. The drawcard players are Mills and Harvey!! The list of unavailable players is huge.

Reply #188336 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

With around 2 weeks to go does any one know 1)who will be in the Boomers team and 2) why they are bothering to have a warm up series with a heap of players who will not be at the Olympics? What exactly will they b warming up for?

This again shows how stupidly Basketball is administered in this country.

Reply #188337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol. yeh. so we'll just waity til july, half a month before the event til we start playing games! lol. so u dont think its neccesary to have atleast some chemistry develop perhaps between the guard and small forward places? or to have some nucleas wotrked out before the big guns get there?

Reply #188358 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

anon what is the point of getting chemistry between guys who will not even be on the team?

Reply #188360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I KNOW that" But HOW, have u got a link?

Reply #188364 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

It's not surprising that no one really knows about the game, ticketing etc because it is being arrange by Basketball SA - enough said.

Reply #188420 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754