Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

NBA PLAYOFFS **SPOILERS**

pfft.. NBA playoffs its NBA finals now baby!

Detroit sturggled big time down the strech against Boston and is a no more.

C's and Hollywood facing off in a 2,3,2 format.

Cant wait for this match up to begin, tips of friday.

Thoughts on Boston and Los Angeles, tips on whos going to go the journey.

Thoughts on a possible finals MVP, whos going to lead there team to the championship.

My tips got to be La but in 7 games i rekon and the last being the only road win. Bryant for finals MVP.

Photobucket

Topic #15993 | Report this topic

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

I agree lakers but in 6 and the mvp will def be kobe no doubt about it they wont be able shut him down

Reply #188306 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Ill be different and say C's for the championship and Pierce as MVP

Reply #188308 | Report this post

Gold 2008  
Years ago

Lakers are soft as diarrohea inside...C's in 6. Who's gonna stop KG? Odom? lmao. Gasol? hahahaha.

Yeah they got Kobe, but he gives everyone problems. I think this LA is favorite talk is a bunch of crap.

Reply #188316 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

Gold 2008. who is gonna stop odom? who is gonna stop gasol? no body can stop kobe. LA has too many options

Reply #188317 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Gasol and Odom have more chance of shutting down KG than the Celts have of shutting down Kobe

Lakers in 6.....i hope

Reply #188318 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Celtics has no one to stop Bryant.

Fez agree, Gasol has more chance of shutting down KG then the celtics have of shutting down kobe.

Starting 5s from both teams:
Lakers -
D.Fisher
K.Bryant
V.Radmanovic
L.Odom
P.Gasol

Celtics -
R.Rondo
R.Allen
P.Pierce
K.Garnett
K.Perkins

Reply #188321 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

As I stand right now, Lakers in 6.

Darkhorse of the series for me is Ray Allen. If Ray goes off, Celtics in 7.

Allen has shown signs of turning things around and is looking a lot better now than when the playoff began. If he can explode I think between himself and PP than can somewhat limit Kobe's influence on the game.

Kobe will still get his 25+ a game and be unstoppable as only Kobe can, but that tandem should be able to counter-punch with him.

KG and Gasol is a great match-up.

The thing that could tip this season to the Lakers are the coaches. Phil Jackson vs Doc Rivers.... That is no contest.

Reply #188327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Posey can shut down kobe get tight on him on the perimeter and if he penetrates KG is inside

Reply #188329 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Anonymous,
If only it was that easy...

Reply #188334 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Posey.....LMAO......i dont think so

Reply #188335 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Posey ha. for real?.

Must say the NBA finals website looks impressive. Others thoughts?.

Reply #188341 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Kobe is going to score, but he will be limited and he MIGHT have ONE shcoking game.

The Cetlics have the best team defense in the league - they have Garnett who was defensive player of the year who is gonna change a lot of shots, Perkins is a good shot blocker, Posey is a good on-ball defender, rondo is quick and active, and the ESPN folks were saying Pierce has been the best defensive player this playoffs. He absolutely took Prince out of the series against Detroit, plus he is quick and strong.

No one has mentioned that Kobe shot it 7/26 or something woeful like that when these teams last played in a Celtics win.

HAVING SAID THAT, I think Kobe is possessed this year, the best player in the game by so far, and will get his 4th ring in 7 games. Does anyone else think the home court changes for the finals (celtics, celtics, lakers, lakers, lakers, celtics, celtics) is shithouse and unneccessary?

Reply #188344 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Agree Jules. The 2-2-1-1-1 format they use in every other round is far preferable IMO, in terms of ensuring that the top team gets the most desirable scenario. If it's 2-all after four games as it is now, it gives the lower team a much better chance of snagging the so-called "momentum" of the series.

Reply #188359 | Report this post

Kurtsmells  
Years ago

Hey Kobe-For-MVP

First off update the name dude!!!
Kobe already won MVP...duh!!

Second it dont matter how many games at home a Boston clean sweep only takes 4 games ;)

Thirdly you should get a PS2. HA!

Reply #188374 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Write this down- Lakers will win in 5 or less.

They will pinch one or both in Boston and close out at home.

The Celtics have not got a winner at any position on the floor or on the sidelines.

Phil Jax vs Doc? Phil wins.
Odom Gasol vs KG Perk? La wins
Kobe vs Peirce Ray? La wins
Rondo vs Fish? La wins

Odom and Gasol are just too long for KG to handle with his jumpshots. Watched the game saturday- KG is a jump shooter or post passer, a very very good one, but that is still a game that will struggle against 7ft Gasol and long 6'10 Odom.
Those two have been so under-rated for their defense this playoffs. They shut down Boozer, and then Duncan shot a horrible percentage- which is the best you could hope for against the walking poo.

I will cheer for Boston but i really can't see them troubling the Lakers right now.

Reply #188387 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Celtics in 6 games or less, I think we have the edge defensively. As good as Kobe is, the Lakers often don't have an answer for PP. Ray Allen is turning the corner, hopefully he will be consistently better. The psychological barrier of not being able to win on the road is gone and Doc is coaching better with his substitution patterns and subs.

The home court changes for the finals really piss me off as well.

Reply #188401 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Lakers in Six games. It will be 3-2, then LA will came the away win for the title. Both teams are good but suffer exactly the same syndrome of "if our starters die in the arse, we have no one to fill the void" situations.

Whilst the lakers probably have the better bench, If Kobe or Gasol get shut down, I can't see Farmer etc. filling the 20+ppg they need to get over the line.

God knows why the Celtics picked up Sam Cassell. If they really want experience on the team, they should've hired him as a consultant or some crap and left the space open for other talent.

Reply #188406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754