Kurtsmells
Years ago

NBA 2K8 PS2 help - how to lay-up?

I recently bought NBA 2K8 unfortunately on PS2 :( and everytime i go for a layup it slams iron and misses does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?? Ive played it on PS3 and it doesnt seem to have the same problem.
cheers

Topic #15999 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Try pressing the button/flicking the right stick (whichever you use) earlier.

Reply #188349 | Report this post

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

go into the tendencies in settings and put up lay up close shot success, its weird NBA players arnt gonna miss layups

Reply #188352 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

make sure you have all the updates. this was a complaint early on but the updates seemed to have fixed this. I can only talk with experience on the 360 so i'm not sure how the ps3 works but i imagine its the same deal.

Reply #188353 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

joshuapending his talking ps2.

i suggest buy a ps3. ha.

Reply #188354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PS3 is a piece of shit they work for like 6 seconds

Reply #188361 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

PS3 = GARBAGE.....

360 = HEAVEN

Yeah i dont know all i know is PS2 aint really realistic in terms of NBA 2K8...

I only know from that if u adjust ur shot when u go for dunk it can iron out

Reply #188362 | Report this post

igotmadskill  
Years ago

PS3 = great in my opinion, my bro has a 360 which i also play before you start bashin me. Time crisis is the game of choice currently and drakes uncharted is also awesome. sorry you guys wouldnt have playd them as only available on the PS3.

Enjoy watching HD dvd on your 360's lads considering blu ray won out.
Trade your ps2 in at GAME m8, they dont give you heaps for it but it is worth it. I traded mine in with a few games and got a ps3 for $400 about 8 months ago when the marion store opened, it was an opening special so they were giving more than normal for the games and console. Best thing i did as PS2 just gathered dust and i never played it. graphics on PS3 are superior to any other console in my opinion.

Kinda off topic but the wii fit parody on you tube is great if you havent seen it, check it out for a laugh..

Reply #188372 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I don't know what the hell is going on with NBA2K8. Hopefully there is a fix for it.

Don't know how many open 3's I've missed from key players in their clutch areas with no pressure at all. Or my personal favourite: the fastbreak to open layup that rims out.

The game is bloody good but the frustration with the number of misses you can get is huge.

Reply #188407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754