marco
Years ago

Palmer should take the bullets

the bloke who is the billionaire that is wanting the a-league licence for gold coast should put a lifeline to the bullets!! who is with me? lets petition to get him to save the team! he is a billionaire after all!

Topic #16070 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?
Word is Sarina Russo recruitment chick is the front-runner to take it.
She's a local and acknowledges she has an emotional attachment to making sure the team doesn't fold- it's not just another business venture for her that she would be likely to bail on if it came to it.

Reply #189152 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

She may want to have the team sit out for a year which could be a smart move.

Reply #189153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree!
And she's not one to cut corners- she's made her fortune on being a typical frugal Italian. (her words)
Her book is an interesting read too.
I just hope that she is given the scope to change some things for the betterment of the team and league, rather than having her interest, financial lifeline and sound business accumen being squashed due to wanting to do things the same way they've always done them.
She has reportedly already had her people do up a due diligence plan and was pipped at the post by the Kemp consortium back in April, but keen as mustard still.

Reply #189155 | Report this post

marco  
Years ago

WHAT ABOUT PALMER?

He is the one who is promising to take his Gold Coast soccer team to all games via private jet, promote them in asia! we want him! or russo!

Reply #189159 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yeah Marco why dont they grab someone with a heap of coin who will just bail out the club with their cheque book. How could that possibly ever go wrong.....

How about someone come in and run the club properly, promote the game to all parts of the community and get people actually interested in the game rather than just rocking up cause they had free tickets thrown at them. Hey they could even try and have the team actually make money so it is self supporting and doesnt requie handouts all the time.....

FWIW Sarina Ruso does at this stage seem to be on teh right track - she has the coin to satisfy Eddy G and the business accumen to not treat the team as just an expensive hobby. Lets hope something come of it soon and teh club can continue

Reply #189161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

save the bullets before putting some conceptual nicknamed soccer team on the gold coast.

Reply #189170 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

i was talking to a friend that worked with the bullets last season and he said that the bullets have 2 buyers and that Eddie just needs to sell the licence.
he did tell me who tho.

Reply #189174 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

why not sell it to both and they can share the asset together with the expenses. Considering a profit is not expected from such an acquisition, atleast the loss would only be halved for each owner.

Reply #189176 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think every owner hopes to profit though, and a joint venture increases the risks of a bust up significantly, IMO.

Reply #189180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sarina is a very shrewd businesswoman- she will find the right way to get the club back on track and making a profit again in years to come, but she will probably rule with somewhat of an iron fist first, which will be good for us after many years of treating money like it grows on trees.
I really hope she buys the club- she has literally made her fortune from nothing.
I too have read her book (Meet me at the top) and it's an interesting read.
She grew up in a Sicilian household that believed she should just get married and have babies, but she pushed through a lot of barriers and got herself fired from job after job after job with people telling her she had a bad attitude.
Everything she has, she made herself and she's now valued at about 80 million bucks.
Not a bad gig if you can make it happen!

Reply #189181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754