Isaac
Years ago

Hawks want Saville and Hinder if Kings go

The Illawarra Mercury is reporting that Glen Saville could join the Wollongong Hawks next week if the Sydney Kings fail to meet their deadline tomorrow.

Kings owner Tim Johnston must pay his team's players by close of business Wednesday or the NBL will revoke their license.

That would leave Sydney's players free agents and up for grabs.

The Hawks are in need of a small forward and are also interested in Russell Hinder.

If they somehow got both into their team, they'd be a strong team.

Topic #16083 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I wonder if the league will give some consideration to Kings players points to make them easier to sign elsewhere.

The League can not tell the players where they can and cant play but at the same times some clubs have a full or almost full roster as Sydney players were up til now off limits.

Clubs that have been slow off the off season now will benefit ( ie PERTH) as they have the position of power.

Reply #189283 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I hope the Kings survive, (the NBL needs to do well in Australia's biggest market! and we need someone to despise) but it would be great to see Sav return to the Gong.

Reply #189285 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sav would almost certainly rerurn to the Gong. He has made it very clear in the past that he doesnt want to leave NSW. I couldnt see him going to the Razorbacks either.

Reply #189287 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Don't we just despise any club that Goorjian coaches.

Reply #189288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I couldnt see him going to the Razorbacks either." Couldn't blame him. Who wants to play in front of 900 fans?

What was the reason for Sav leaving Wollongong in the 1st place?

Reply #189289 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

A little event in China.

Reply #189296 | Report this post

Sav after 10 years service to the Gong was reclassified as a 5 point player due to his long service to one team.

Surely the Hawks should be able to also get this rating as a) it was 10 years service to the hawks and b) Sav was paid illegally over the salary cap

Sav is still rated a 5 for the next 2 years as part of the Kings team rating

Reply #189298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very funny qlder...

Reply #189306 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

Dragons would be chance....Most of Aussie team...Aussie Coach...

Reply #189321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dragons have no room for either

Reply #189331 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Would only want Sav if is willing to play for what the Hawks can afford, @ 5 pts and under Cookies rules.

We gone through to much in the last 6-8 months saving the club to get into the overpay Salaries.

Same with Hinder, even though I don't like him as a player, there arn't too many OZ bigs left.

If these two came, say goodby to a decent 2nd import.

Reply #189333 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Saville would have been better off never leaving the hawks. Considering he's been sub-par with the Kings due to Worthington, Smith, Crosswhite etc. he was basically there to plug a space; I would have fielded Victor in his place.

Hawks would have actually played better with him being there; and they might have knocked off Cairns in that final game to get the Sixers into the finals... and it would have probably been a different finals series.

Reply #189386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754