LC
Years ago

Boomers vs US College Allstar team

From the mouth (blog) of Nic Mercer:

"In closing up this blog it is unfortunately the last time I'll be writing to you all. The leadership group and the team itself decided that, even though the AOC approved Blogs, it would be a distraction from what we are trying to accomplish. While I may not be one of the players or coaching staff, the phrase one in all in is certainly appropriate in these circumstances. So I sign off with one final message.
There are only 2 Olympic sports competing in international events in Australia before the Olympics. Next week we play a 3 game series in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne, then a one off game against New Zealand (and while we haven't told anyone yet, we are about to announce a one off game on the Gold Coast against a US All-Star college team in July). Building momentum leading up to the Games is a huge part of our preparation and knowing the country is behind you while you are trying to achieve your best is a feeling that is hard to describe. So if you are free on the 16th June in Perth or the 18th June in Adelaide or the 20th or 28th June in Melbourne, come out to the games and meet the fellas who are trying to bring back a medal from the Olympics."

Should be an interesting game against a "US All-Star college team in July". Wondering who would be in that team?

Topic #16096 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Cant wait! Lets hope its a legit team..

Tyler Hansbrough?
Stefan Curry?
Kenny George?

Reply #189404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the team is quality, i'll certainly consider a road(air) trip up. Hopefully it's on a weekend and not a week night.
Is it fair to assume that none of this years draft prospects will be involved?

Reply #189433 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Not a chance anon. Who would risk injury in the lead up to the draft?

Still a ton of talent that could make the trip!

Reply #189489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what I was thinking. I doubt they'd have time in their schedule at the moment anyway.

Reply #189499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754