Quagmire
Years ago

Nervous times for the Lakers...

Ok so they won the first home game...just.
They have to defend home court for another two games and it would appear that Kobe must score 30+ points each game at a good percentage if they are to win.
You bet there will be a game where two of the big three will get hot and really challenge the Lakers.

I am loving the finals so far, i honestly thought the Celts would struggle but KG is a defensive menace and they are rebounding and working harder as a team than LA. Perhaps its the under-dog tag that inspires teams to greatness (re pistons 04)

Two games for Celts to try and steal one, close at home. LA must defend home court but still will be facing an uphill battle to win in Boston.

I still like the Lakers at this stage, just because between the two, Lakers have more room to improve and with Rondo hurting, his one asset, his speed, will be gone.

Topic #16108 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Too right there Quag.

It was interesting to see how much of a struggle the game was for the Lakers @ Home. Good to see Allen finally step up and fill the void of Pierce when his scoring efforts died.

I still think the Celtics will get the series, despite wishing for LA to win it.

Do you think there's the chance that if things get worse for Rondo, that they'll potentially start Sam "Norman Smiley" Cassell in his place?

Reply #189619 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I just can't see "sam-i-am" starting for a potential NBA champion at this stage in his career. What a huge gamble it would be.

The Celtics D works with each player able to use foot speed to stay between the player and the basket with help around the corner. Sam would be a chink, make that a gaping hole, in their armour. Potentially breaking the whole thing down. The upside is how much damage could Fisher really inflict? Could you see him penetrating and dishing for a massive 20-10 game?
I just don't think he is talented enough to do that.

Why not grab Kenny Smith from behind the desk and let him shoot threes all night?

Reply #189621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No big deal.

Whilst pierce and kg didnt do much, neither did odom or gasol.

Lakers only lost by 6 in game 2 and 10 in game 1 so they still have lots to be positive about.

Reply #189632 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

My guess is Sam Cassell will not play 1 more minute in this series.

Reply #189651 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Rather odd that across 1.5 seasons, he's gone from a starting guard who was scoring upwards of 26ppg in the finals against Phoenix, and now can't buy court time if his life depended on it.

Any news on what the hell is going on with Elton Brand?

Reply #189685 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope Rondo is good to go for the rest of the series. If he can't that would be a serious problem for the Celtics, because Sam can't run most of the team's plays and if they go with Eddie, Pierce and Allen will be required to create on offence.

If Rondo is good to go, I am very confident the Celtics will win. But if he is hobbled that changes things entirely. This series could turn on his injury.

Reply #189695 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Two links here about Rondo:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/06/rondo_blogs_abo.html

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/06/rondo_says_he_w.html

He says he will play, but nothing confirming this from Rivers and it worries me that it is a different ankle sprain to what he is used to.

My guess is he will start game 4 and we will know by the end of the 1st quarter how much it is affecting his play.

Reply #189697 | Report this post

another injury to a key player from the team that the Lakers are playing. They should be counting their lucky stars

Reply #189699 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Why is Elton Brand in this conversation???? He plays for the Clippers....

Reply #189723 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

ELG, Andrew Bynums injury isnt a big one then? Was that also lucky for them?

Reply #189729 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

wait...who are you talking about anyways that is injured that they've played?

Reply #189734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

east blow-me gorilla im tired of reading your comments. I wish i could meet you on the court. You are probably the lamest baller in adelaide

Reply #189758 | Report this post

what would you do to me on the court, anonymous

Reply #189878 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

everybody step away from your keyboards - there appears to be an internet fight starting.

Reply #189891 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cue the awnser and cecil...

cat fight.

Reply #189897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754