David Robinson and Paris Mcurdy for worst

Topic #1611 | Report this topic

meet the fokkers  
Years ago

that's about it - I would consider 44 L.T. and rusty for best as well

Reply #18377 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Surely Jeff Brown gets a mention in the worst column?

Reply #18390 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Can I get a Jo Jo English anywhere?

MD for best.

Reply #18398 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Shooter,
You don't think Mark Davis is one of the best imports we've ever had? Shame on you.

Reply #18404 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

David Robinson one of the worst? No way.

David Robinson 1993, 18.3ppg, 57%fg, 8.9rpg, 2.4apg from the centre position. He had legitimate post moves too which were rare in centres back then.

I reckon he is closer to the top of the list than the bottom. He was a very good player.

But I reckon the absolute best imports of all time have been

Davis
Mee
Rose

Green probably belongs in that list too but I didn't see a lot of him.

Reply #18458 | Report this post

crows98  
Years ago

If Al green has the same offensive freedom with the 36ers that he had with West Adelaide in 83 (their championship year) then he would have been in the 36ers all time greats imports list but at the 36ers there was an abundance of very good guards in that team Green, Pearce, McKay, Ninnis and with Mark Davis and Bill Jones their was only a certain amount of shots that could go round hence Al Green not being the scoring machine that he was at West Adelaide with the 36ers and in my opinion that put a cloud over how good he actually was. Al was a gun player and is in the 36ers all time top 3 imports.

My top 3 imports for the 36ers
1) Mark Davis
2) Al Green
3) Darnel Mee / Kevin Brooks (their first season in Adelaide together)

Reply #18462 | Report this post

crows98  
Years ago

What was the guy's name that Mark David replaced in 1983? After he returned from New Zealand and was playing for South Adelaide he replaced an American import after about 4 games, Brian ?? Wasn't it? Well he wasn't very good and would have to go in the worst import list along with Paris Mcurdy and Jeff Brown

Reply #18463 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brian Devincenzi, 1985. 6 games, 13.7 PPG, 5.7 RPG.

Check the historical box scores links in the left sidebar for info.

Mark Davis averaged 27.9 PPG and 17.6 RPG in 22 games that season. Al Green averaged 31 PPG.

Reply #18464 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

What about Rob Rose? He didn't stay here too long but he was instant offense and could create his own shot.

We probably got him in his prime for those 2-3 years

Reply #18494 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Kent you would rate Jo Jo as one of the worst?

I wouldn't rate Jo Jo down that low.

Sure not a stand out import for the Sixers but I think he did a decent job considering the situation.

Reply #18601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754