Jack Toft
Years ago

Is the door closed on Motts?

With all the shambles happening in Sydney, surely a contact with a defunct team would be null and void.
Motts was a pretty good player and there is a spot on the roster for a tall, albiet we are hoping for Julius...who will probably be snapped up in the NBA considering his form at the moment.
Is there a way we could get him back on the team and play him as a forward?

Coops/Schensch
Balls/Motts
Holmes/Winitana
Maher/Kersten
Davidson/Hill

Looks a pretty solid team to me.

I feel he wasn't allowed to show his full potential under the previous guy. Could we get him back and play him at 4?

Is the door closed on Motts?

Topic #16119 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, why not go for someone like hoban who you no you could around the club for a long time. motts is just too old and too risky

Reply #189740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoban desreves a development spot atleast. Very good player. Anyone know how old he is? Do NBL teams scout the ABL comps in other states much/at all?

Reply #189747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes either 20 21. and at 6'8" with good ball skills they have to take him.

Reply #189768 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Oh yeah why not, Motts had such a great season last year. Surely you have got to be joking don't you!

Reply #189800 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Motts didn't have a stellar season. He has the potential to be good in a few years; so grats to any team that happens to have him by then. However, Ballinger and Cooper did all the hard work last season and Motts was merely a foul tracker.

Schensher should hopefully fill out the 5 spot nicely (hopefully). We have enough bigs in this squad to rotate 4-5 without wearing out specific members.

Reply #189801 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i saw motts floating round the city. saw pero as well at footlocker

Reply #189807 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i saw motts floating round the city. saw pero as well at footlocker

Reply #189808 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Motts is useless - has been for years and he isn't going to get much better (if at all). He's either doing nothing or sitting on the bench in street clothes. When you have a team that finished 11th or something like that you have to improve it, drastically. Not bring back the guys who took us there

Reply #189810 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'm a huge fan of Motts. Did the dirty work, doing things to energise the team. Disappointed to see him go. Given the proper freedom under Nin, couldve improved even further.

Reply #189811 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I agree with Melvin, Motts didn't get a good run last year, and when he was able to get on a roll he was always replaced by Cooper. He is a bit of a foul magnet, but he plays a very physical game. I like his game.

Reply #189820 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

As much as i like the way Motts plays i think with Holmes back we've got the "banger" position filled. Presumably Schensher will be able to do a fair bit of that too.

Reply #189824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could play an efficient role off the bench I'm sure, but just how many players with a right to minutes can we fit on one team?

Reply #189826 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I liked what Motts did when he was played, a lot of teams can do with a player like that. Cheap option for the Hawks perhaps?

Reply #189828 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Greed Isaac, IMO sometimes having a team that goes 10 deep can be counter productive to on court chemistry. Lets concentrate on having a a main rotation of 8 who get the majotity of the minutes with backup players who can be used in case of fould issues or injury or for a specific impact off the bench if needed.

Reply #189830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasnt Hoban already accepted a spot with another team, the Dragons I beleive as a development player?

Reply #189848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no but last i heard singapore where talkin to him.

Reply #189928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754