Camel 31
Years ago

Kings,Sixers,NBL-Media.

Harmison said that he's received notice from Kings legal people. So it's going to court.
Mal said if someone wants the sixers as well as the dome, then he's happy to do it, to help Eddy.
Ch7. said Pickard may be interested and Marino has made an offer.
( Pickard is sponsoring Lightning)
I thought I heard a radio add from fox that are doing the nbl ? ( at about 5.10pm today ?)

Topic #16120 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some Mal won't be around anymore if they sell it? How does selling the Sixers help Eddy? He owns the dome. How the Kings take it to court? The NBL set a deadline and they didn't meet it. I take that back, they didn't even try to meet it. That Tim Johnstone sounds like a hell of a guy. (Why doesn't he just tear the hearts out of all the Kings fan himself? He could atleast make an effort to contact Chuck and resolve this shit!

Reply #189746 | Report this post

dough dough  
Years ago

Mal obviously has no money as always was suspected. Scott Ninnis came cheap - all starting to smell a bit fishy. Hope like hell I'm wrong. Goes to show what happens when you build a castle on debt.

Reply #189751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mal obviously has no money as always was suspected". 1st of heard of Mal being short of cash.

Reply #189752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I spose Maher, Ballinger and Hodge play for little money do they?

Reply #189753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and i guess getting big Luke was something that didnt have big $$ around it.

Reply #189759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely the nbl should be held partly responsible for approving tim johnston as an owner.

the nbl might not be completely at fault, but they surely owe it to the kings fans to be slightly lenient in helping mike w get things up and running.

They reject his offer to take a year off, but whats happened now anyway? a year off at best.

What about the leniency they showed the pigs last year, they pushed the date back a few times until they could get their shit together.

Sure they owe it to the players to get rid of johnston, but who are they kidding thinking they can play "hard ball" with new owners, who are only trying to keep the league alive. Theyre acting like there are buyers everywhere lining up for licences.

Oh and a sydney radio station reported today that chuck had "encouraged kings fans to switch to the razorbacks." I think that proves he just doesn't get it. Would power fans "just switch to crows fans" if the power got in a bit of trouble?

Reply #189771 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

That struck me as very odd as well. It sounds like Harmison is out of touch with the needs of fans and the support they have for their team. You can't just tell them to go support another team just because the NBL can't afford to lose those fans.

I also can't see why an NBL license should be retained by the NBL while a club folds, players are left without contracts and fans are lose the team they support. If no one wants to buy it, then give it away to the right person/organisation. Hand over a contract with it that clearly spells out what is expected of them as the license holder, screen them to see if they meet the criteria required to make it a successful acquisition and let the club continue business as usual. If the price of the contract is what is holding anyone back from buying it, don't waste it when you can put it to good use.

Reply #189779 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

It has been suggested on here before that Mal has gone to a few people around town and asked them to help out as he can not go it alone for that much longer.

Eddy was always going to be helping out his tennant if needed and now that is not really available the Sixers will need money from some where.

Reply #189795 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

My mail is that the asking price for both (team/dome) is too high (around the $7M+ range). Marino's offer was well below that figure. Smokemart owner has been mentioned before but now does not appear to be in the mix. The other problem for a prospective buyer is that council zoning does not allow the dome to be used as an entertainment venue (although that may change), and therefore the only revenue is from basketball and sporting type events. SO, would you buy both if you aren't going to make any money?
The only saviour could be a rabid fan who wins Lotto!!

Reply #189809 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Did Mal use Groves Money to buy the 36ers?

Reply #189812 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Marino would get this forum busy.
He's got some sponsorship from Pickard for Lightning.

Reply #189813 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

New Headline coming....

First Woman in the NBL....Angela Marino suits up for the Sixers.

Reply #189815 | Report this post

Heard a possible rumor that Ballinger back problem is not getting better. Not sure how good the source is for this but I would hate for it to turn out like another chappel.

Reply #189874 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Hello....Dusty?

Reply #189898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754