Kent Brockman
Years ago

NBA Finals Game 4 Spoiler

Lakers creating history with the biggest q1 lead. Scary for Boston that Kobe really has nothing to do with so far.

Topic #16125 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

The Celtics will come back. I can see the lead down to 6 - 10 at half time ... I hope!

Reply #189832 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Doubt it SVD - Boston can't even make in roads when Lakers are running Vujacic, Ariza, Walton, Gasol & Farmar.

Reply #189833 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

You are probably right Bizzy - I also said in another post Sam C would not play again and sure enough he has hit the court.

Fingers crossed though ... I loathe the Lakers.

Reply #189835 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Go Celtics & KG is all I say. Bring it back to the East!

I love the Knicks!

Reply #189836 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Odom is going crazy right now and it's half-way in the 2nd.

Reply #189837 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sam "The Alien" Cassell - is clearly not from this planet, that guy doesn't understand the term known as 'pass', everytime he catches the ball he shoots.

I can't cheer for Boston since they knocked out my Pistons - plus I would love to see Kobe shake the 'Can't win a title without Shaq' tag - considering for the past 9 years (since MJ retired the 2nd time) Kobe has been the best player on the planet.

Reply #189838 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

For all the work we did in the second quarter we only managed to cut the deficit by 3 points.. Farmar's shot at the end of the half really hurt. At least we have shown glimpses of being able to get back in the game but its gonna be damn tough. Cassell will hopefully never see the court again.

Reply #189840 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Boston back within 11

Cmon Lakers.......dont drop this one

Reply #189853 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers are gone......the only thing stopping boston now is running outta gas to make this huge comeback

Reply #189854 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Incredible run to finish the third, need to carry that momentum into the fourth and hopefully get the Lakers into early foul trouble...

Reply #189855 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Bring it home Boston!!!!

Reply #189856 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

cmon cellies - 1st lead with 4 mins to go in the 4th!

Reply #189858 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Lets go Celtics!!!!

Reply #189859 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

WAT A COMEBACK!! cmon finish it!!

Reply #189860 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Credit where credit is due, Boston have done extremely well to come back, but did LAL leave the door open by coasting for too long?

Reply #189861 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I'm not entirely sure LA have been coasting, the D has been great in the second half. Lots of contested shots and shots been taken near the end of the shot clock. PP needs to hit BOTH these FT.

Reply #189862 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Now that was hard to watch......

Reply #189863 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Awesome! Go Boston!

Bizzy - So much for Lakers in 6! :-P

Reply #189864 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

wow - what a game. great lift from posey and house off the bench, great D from the C's in the second half - especially from pierce on kobe.

Reply #189865 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Go Celtics

Great win and comeback.

This is wonderful news to read after my lunchbreak. Makes the sushi I ate well worth it.

In 30-60mins I shall consume a Nestle Crunch bar.

Reply #189866 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

GO YOU CELTICS!!!!

Reply #189867 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Huzzah ... i got my qtrs mixed up ... I meant 3rd qtr not half time.

James Posey was huge. Doc finally sat Alien Head and started playing Eddie.

I think Simmons will have to admit RayRay is one of the big 3 again.

Pierce did an awesome job on Kobe.

And The Machine ... well there was no "Hot Sizzle" and his job on RayRay on that final crucial play was whorendous.

Come on Celts - in 5 ... please!

Reply #189868 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

That comeback was one of the best of all time, unbelievable!! Just.. incredible. Go Celtics!!!

Reply #189869 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

May be a bit early, but who at this point is the Finals MVP? I think for Boston there really hasn't been any standout between the Big 3 in any of their wins, and Ray Ray was the only guy to play well in the loss, so maybe Allen at this stage?

Kobe for the Lakers, of course.

Not in MVP discussions, but Derek Fisher has been very solid.

Reply #189870 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think it has to be RayRay for Finals MVP. Still potentially 3 games to go so still up for grabs if the Lakers come back.

Reply #189871 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

It won't be Celtics in 5. The NBA will make sure of that. Expect the worst officiating since that Kings-Lakers game a few years back.

Boston should be aware of this and just sit the big 3 all game. Let Tony Allen ensure Kobe still has to work hard (and even get Scalabrine out there just to set screens on Kobe for the entire 24 seconds of every Celtic offense). Then nail them back in Boston.

Reply #189872 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Run TMC - with all this stuff going on with Donaghy I think the NBA will pull out all stops to make the game be called down the middle ... Salavtore and Joe Crawford will be kept well away from Game 5

Reply #189876 | Report this post

I dont have anything to say, I just want to quote this guy:

re: NBA Finals Game 2, Refs (#189240 | Grrr!)

All I can say is.........CHARITY!
Different story in LA
Boston got every call all game was a joke.
How was Kobes clearout on Allen? JOKE! and you fools talk about Vlads travel. I bet you Boston fans werent cheering in the 4th. More like biting your nails watching 3point bombs. The 4th quater today showed me that when its money time in game 7 the Celtics will fold.
Lakers in 7 with a blowout game 3 by 30. Lakers cant play any worse, this series will go down as one of the best. And congrats to Powe, Played a great game but he wont get 10 foul shots in all 3 in LA.
Dont get ahead of yourself Boston fans you only held serve. If Atlanta took you to 7 the Lakers are going to take you to town.
LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous earlier this week

Reply #189879 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

One of the great great games in finals history. Some incredible lay ups by both Pierce & Allen. Odom went missing in the 2nd half when Kobe looked like firing up.
MVP so far would have to be Ray Allen, but there's a way to go yet. Ray's been massive since about game 5 against Detroit!
GO CELTICS... wrap it up in 5.

Reply #189892 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

One of the great great games in finals history. Some incredible lay ups by both Pierce & Allen. Odom went missing in the 2nd half when Kobe looked like firing up.
MVP so far would have to be Ray Allen, but there's a way to go yet. Ray's been massive since about game 5 against Detroit!
GO CELTICS... wrap it up in 5.

Reply #189893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BEAT LA

Reply #189901 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I got my butt kicked for watching this game in the office, but it's one butt kicking I'm willing to wear....

This game will be an ESPN classic

bruises eventually fade anyway.....

Reply #189917 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Stunning comeback. I watched it at the Rosemont in Hindley St. Anyone else there today?

Lakers fans must be absolutely sick with that result. I have a lot of research to do, so twice I caught myself thinking that I may as well go home and cut my losses. Thank god I am a procrastinator at heart, and stuck around to see the game out.

Top notch defence in the 2nd half and a phenomenal mental and physical effort to fight back when everything seemed against them. When the Celtics started the 3rd playing well, only to lose Perkins with a shoulder injury, I thought they were toast.

House and Posey couldn't find the range at first, but they stuck with it and eventually shots started to drop.

For once, the entire BIG 3 played well in the clutch and I think that finished off the Lakers. At the end, with KG, PP and RA all making key baskets, I don't think the Lakers knew who to double. Consequently Pierce and Allen found themselves able to iso quite effectively and get to the basket.

The Lakers on the other hand had gone ice cold and so the Celtics keyed in on Kobe denying him driving lanes.

It's been a topsy turvy series and it will be interesting to see how well the Celtics recover for game 5. Ray played all 48 mins tonight!

Reply #189930 | Report this post

Hoop Fiend  
Years ago

This is a comparison people are always going to make, because these two players play the same position, {2} in the same offence { triple post offence } under the same coach. { Jackson }

They should be taking the same shots in the same places on the floor down the stretch. And MJ always got em and made em.

Reply #189986 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

woops posted against wrong title

Reply #190009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was at the rosemont hahah loved it

Reply #190021 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754