Fill Smythe
Years ago

Title Contenders - North vs Norwood

Top game of ball between possible grand finalists tonight. Rockets won without Dusty & Ryan K.
Maybe the Bear can coach.

Topic #16140 | Report this topic

!  
Years ago

The guy can coach plane and simple. has out coached Sapwell twice now and even think he set this win up with the way he coached the first time they met this season.

North look like the real deal, have all bases covered and talented guys accepting a role to make the team better.

I wouldnt want to face them come finals time!

Reply #190038 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"The guy can coach plane and simple".

He should join a SEABL team ASAP then. He could double as their coach and team pilot for away trips.

Reply #190041 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

what was i thinking?!? well pointed out moses, guess it would be a good sign i shouldnt have gone and worked straight after the game. apart from flight i still stand by what i said though.

Reply #190044 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

One of the best coaches in SA, with proven results. Nobody can possibly question his skills as a coach.

Reply #190055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Gragham Kubank can coach!

Reply #190056 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

anon, are you jealous or something?

Back to the topic of title contenders, now that the Rockets have taken this win, who is now the favorites for the title?

Norwood have been going well until this game and tore Forestville apart the other week, so are they still the favorites and look at this game as a slip up?

Forestville havent been troubled at all, but with that loss to Norwood and by so much has put a lot of doubt into what they can do. Not sure if pero played in that game. They did beat North first time round by a small margin from memory, could be a fair chance perhaps?

And North, who havent been mentioned much this season but now find themselves sitting on top of the ladder. They havent skipped a beat really during this year and have a lot of people contributing. Maybe the best group?

what do people think and reasons why?

Reply #190173 | Report this post

GK  
Years ago

As an assistant to Justin and North Adelaide this year can I just confirm to the nay-sayers that Justin is one of the most committed, smart young coaches I have been involved with. The attacks on his credibility baffle me. Coming on board this year, the program was well established and continues to get better due to his efforts. His preparation is meticulous and coupled with the level of commitment of the players makes for a successful and enjoyable program.
Graham Kubank

Reply #190245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it comes because friends come on here and talk him up. a lot of people dont seem to like that much.

Reply #190252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#190252 - so is that Justin's fault?

In the Australian tradition of cutting down the tall poppies I would take the negativity towards him as a compliment - he has reached a level of which some people are jealous and continue to attack him.

Reply #190257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just like cecil exum.

Reply #190258 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

Anon 190252, you have hit it right on the head.

I am certain Justin wouldn't care about people knocking him as he seems to get the last laugh time and time again.

And as for the comment about his mates, think everyone knows Dusty is on here to stir people up but as if his mates wouldn't stick up for him.

I for one think he is doing a great job and shutting the critics up along the way

Reply #190260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I refer back to ! asking who is the favourite for the title. If Rockets beat the Eagles in a couple of weeks at Hillcrest they finish top and I can't see them losing from there.

And dare I say it but the difference will be the coaching - Norwood's coaching staff run a distant second to North's!

Reply #190289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as does Forestville's!

Reply #190300 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Actions speak louder than words. When it comes to Justin, he is full of action. Any words against his ability pale to insignificance. I think he has no worries in the world when it comes to the criticism he gets on this forum. He has outsmarted and continues to outsmart every one of his critics.

Reply #190357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could say the same about goorjian!

Reply #190360 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Now your putting Schuller and Goorj in the same category!!! Come on, don't get too far ahead of yourself! Justin is doing very well, but I guess the critics won't shutup until he wins without Dusty and not just preseason but the GF.

Reply #190373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, I hear to prove a point he is looking at playing North's U10's against South ABL though I suspect if he wins the critics would say they beat a South team without you - he just can't win

Reply #190380 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If I was a betting man, my money would be on North.

It is said that defence wins championships and Norwood seem better at it than North - they haven't given up 100 points so far. However, 7/12 games this season, North have scored over 100 points, whereas Norwood - 5/12 games. Even if you hold the opposition, you still need to score 'em.

Interesting to note that Norwood's score is the highest against North at home this year and North's lowest home score. Away from Hillcrest, North's offense drops from 111 to 101.7 and defence droops from 77 to 88.8.

Norwood at home: 108.2 to 83.5, away: 94 to 80.8
North at home: 111 to 77, away: 101.7 to 88.8

Any finals game would be tight, but when the game is all tied up with 2 seconds on the clock, I can just see the burd man sinking a 3 to win the game when it counts.

My money is on North at $1-25 for the flag, I reckon Norwood at $3-50, Eagles $5, Mavs 1000 to 1.

Reply #190466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I personally think the Rockets are the best team in the league by far!

Reply #190469 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

and what number do you play??

Reply #190471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No number, just think they have all bases covered. Great players, great structure, i think they are the best defenders in the league and play a true team style of game.

The game against Forestville will show really where they are at as i feel the Eagles are the second best side, but have enjoyed watching the Rockets play when i have seen them over the past 2 seasons.

Reply #190475 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I tend to agree, a champion team beats a team of champions

Reply #190514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are NOT as good as everyone is making out. They are a good team but not a great team. Justin is a good coach and Sapwell is a better coach.Going to be tight but I believe the team who nobody is talking about will take the cake. Forestville by surprise. Eagles champions in 08.

Reply #190533 | Report this post

Local knowedge  
Years ago

What is it that will win the title?

Forestville: Height and class of Pero, Oakley and Hoban. Also the silky smooth skills of Snake, and the smarts of Sutton. With Andy as coach this team is certainly the one who will go under the radar. This team in my opinion is the most likely to win this year. Arnold is the kinda guy you want on your team and does whatever it takes to get a win. Can shoot it and can guard anybody at any position.

North: The additions of Mapunda and Reardon may come back and bite them in the butt. Far too small to continually match the bigs of both Norwood and Forestville. In saying that Hambour is having the best season of his career and should push in the Woolacott. E. Burdon doing his thing and putting up great numbers. Tipping a very disappointing finish for the Rockets.

Norwood: Quality line up all round. Bigs in Cooper and Krause are almost unstoppable when on. Matthews the best point guard in the competition and can turn on triple doubles on call. Is the key for this group and the smarts on this guy is vital for success. The bench as a whole is more than capable of outscoring any opposition. My tip is second behind a strong and brutal Eagles line up.

Reply #190572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754