the big cheese
Years ago

Best NBA journo?

being a big fan of Anthony Macri (basketballprospectus.com) and Charley Rosen, (foxsports.com) i've been searching the net for some other good journo's but they are the only two that i can find who address the intricacies and the ins and outs of the game effectively and with legitimate knowledge of the game.

Does anyone know any authors with articles similar to these. (please don't give me Bill Simmons - if i wanted a few jokes mixed with blantant bias i would hire celtic pride)

Topic #16145 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

But, but Simmons is the only one we know!

To be honest, I never really have time to stray far from ESPN's regulars. A good place to start looking, if you haven't been reading it already, is ESPN's TrueHoop - that's always linking off to interesting material with barely a mention of Simmons.

Reply #190100 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Not being a real in depth follower of the NBA but still liking to have some idea of whats going on I find most of the online 'experts' a bit tiresome to read as they waffle on in so much detail.
I actually find our Jaeger Bomb fuelled Canberra correspondent TR to be a great source for NBA news and opinion. Apart from the overuse of nicknames (I still dont know who 'crash' is) he always seems to have concise and well thought out ideas regarding most teams

Reply #190103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"Crash" is Gerald Wallace.

Reply #190104 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Charley Rosen? You're kidding, right? He's a know-nothing hack whose qualifications amount to carrying Phil Jackson's jock for a year. He might see a team play once a year, and then writes an article on them like he knows all about them, but all he's doing is quoting scouting reports on players and stealing from other peoples' articles.

Rosen is the WORST NBA journalist (term used under advisement), bar none.

Reply #190106 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

TR has come along way from sleeping in bath tubs outside of peope's houses i can tell you that much Statman!

Reply #190107 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Geez Brockman.......... a simple little nap and look what happens... isn't anything sacred and out of limits on a basketball internet forum????

Oh, by the way, how did that sex change operation work out in the end???????

lol.....

Reply #190108 | Report this post

Colin  
Years ago

Still love Bill Simmons though....

Reply #190133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754