the_champ33
Years ago

Today's Advertiser: Julius Hodge news

Just quickly flicked through the Advertiser and came across a 36ers article.

Coach Scott Ninnis still wants Julius Hodge and happy to wait for him. We won't know Hodge's NBA situation til mid-late July. Hodge is currently training with the NJ Nets as we already know.

Ninnis has no intentions right now @ chasing any of the former Kings players now that the club has folded.

Topic #16151 | Report this topic

the_champ33  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/kxrdk

Link to the story now.

Reply #190110 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Maybe not such a bad idea now that there are planty of decent free agents available, that will almost be forced to play cheap.

Reply #190114 | Report this post

den  
Years ago

good to see them keep the door open and insisting on hodge.

Reply #190115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In case anyone is interested, I just found this article in the New York Post about Hodge...

Link

Reply #190177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I hope he isn't playing for us. I would love him to be playing with us but surely with his attitude and outlook on life he deserves another NBA chance. I hope he gets it

Reply #190180 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Great decision Scott (not). Have you stopped to think about the time to gel someone else in the role if Hodge does not become available and its already mid to late July? A full squad should be training by then, not starting to look for a new import.

Reply #190205 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

EC maybe we can resign the former coach and he can sign up Chappell again. After all Chappell is a nice guy! :P

Nothing wrong in waiting I think especially since he could be the one that leads us to a title!

Reply #190210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, have you stopped to think (you idiot) that any other import of Hodges ilk e.g someone on the fringe of the NBA will not be available until then either?

Reply #190212 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

classic case of speaking before thinking there

Reply #190219 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Why not sign Saville because i doubt Hodge is coming back.

Reply #190220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC has a point, the Sixers will need 4-6 weeks to gel..

Reply #190224 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kingjames, what a stupid comment to make. I don't even know how you brought Chappell into the conversation. Shows your ignorance rather than mine. I do believe in the last week we heard about the King's collapse. With a budget that will still fit in an import, there are players there worth considering.

Reply #190231 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If the timing would have been better; I'd have left out Brad Hill and Ryan Kersten and brought in Cam Tovey... though I doubt he would have fitted under the points cap at all.

Reply #190316 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Let it go people, he wont be back.

Reply #190415 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I pity you Mr T....

Reply #190529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754