Isaac
Years ago

Saville, Kendall, Carter, Tovey become free agents

The National Basketball League (NBL) has officially declared former Sydney Kings players Glen Saville, Luke Kendall, B.J. Carter and Cameron Tovey as free agents.

"The League was approached by all four players and notified that their respective contracts with the Kings had been terminated," said Harmison. "As a result, we have declared all four as free agents and they are now able to negotiate and sign with other NBL teams, subject to the normal NBL salary and points cap limitations."

Topic #16160 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

What happen to Hinder?

Reply #190278 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

'Normal salary and points cap limitations...'

Well, how many unfilled roster spots are there then? Most teams are just waiting to sign a final import.

Wollongong, West Sydney and Singapore may have roster spots left, but that would be about it?

Reply #190286 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth have an unused import spot. Cairns have kept quiet all off-season waiting on Jawai. Melbourne have a spot or two. And the Dragons didn't actually sign Jason Smith after all - he failed the physical due to his injury.

Reply #190287 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

None of them would cancel their contract unles they had an offer in my minds eye.
Would you pass up possible $ from the legal system unless you had an offer?

Reply #190294 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

So Kendall could still follow Gorj to Dragons in place of Smith?

Reply #190298 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

It's times like this I wish we hadn't signed Brad Hill or Ryan Kersten and had waited for Cam Tovey.

Reply #190313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rumour on sblforum is that tovey is going to quit basketball and find a full time job...

Reply #190318 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I hadn't caught that up Isaac. What does that mean for Smith then - retirement?

Whilst he would not be a pinch on Hodge, I would be prepared to consider Saville in his place and run without two imports (run without any if Ballinger naturalises!). But Saville would appear a lock to return to Wollongong.

I would have had Kendall or Tovey (when we had roster spots available), but not in an import spot. So no former Kings for the Sixers, and the Sixers might as well continue to wait for Hodge.

I would have to change my allegiances if we signed Smith. Lets just not go there!

Reply #190319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smith seems to now spend his days complaining about the fall of the Kings, whether the NBL could've done more to help, etc.

Tovey and Hinder are the Kings you'd consider, and only if we didn't already have Winitana and/or Hill.

Reply #190320 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Would love Tovey back at the Wildcats

Reply #190321 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So has he retired then Isaac? I mean, he was always whingeing about something..

Reply #190389 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just out of a job, I think.

Reply #190394 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Boy goorj looks like he needs someone to towel off that dome tonight (pun intended), assistant coach of the Dragons maybe for Smith?

Reply #190528 | Report this post

Where is Kendall going ? Dragons ?

Reply #190537 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

I heard some rummors about kendall to the tigers. not sure the valadity of it all.

Reply #190756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754