Kent Brockman
Years ago

Darnell and Ryan cut from Boomers Squad

as reported on Channel Ten Mee and Damian Ryan have been cut

Topic #16164 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres only ever any bball on the news when im not watching it!

Reply #190322 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Not happy that Darnell's been cut.

Reply #190339 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

You must have known it was coming. Age is catching up with Darnell, he struggled in the NZ series earlier this year (late last year maybe??) and he wasn't chosen to play in last night's side. Which reminds me, who is the long haired goober that also didn't suit up last night? Helliwell?

Reply #190341 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm disappointed Darnell was cut even if he's older and struggled in the NZ series. He's a former 36er and I like the man. Still an intelligent basketball brain.

Reply #190344 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

It's a little sad that Darnell was our best option to run the point behind Bruton and Mills. Dont get me wrong Darnell is one of my all time favorite 6ers but at 37 and having injury concerns you would hope that there was some better young aussie out there that would fill that position in the squad.

Reply #190347 | Report this post

Ryan is an option!!!great pg of the future

Reply #190352 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Darnell is a champ and, hopefully a future NBL hall of famer, but unfortunately age is against him now as the Boomers are only allowed one 'naturalised' player (according to Carfino when commentating the game on Monday), so given Mee being possibly being injury prone, they'd be crazy not to go for Redhage. I mean come on, the dude's only been an Aussie "officially" since January or whatnot and he's trying his arse off to get into the Boomers side.

Reply #190371 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Final Boomers Roster For Beijing:

Bogut
Anderson
Neilsen
Newley
Bruton

Anstey
Barlow
Mills
Redhage
Saville
Ogilvy
Worthington

With Ingles a very unlucky lad

Reply #190699 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

is that set in concrete or your team

Reply #190702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754