kad
Years ago

Bullets: Deadish, but not dead yet!

Mystery man a shot at owning Bullets

The NBL is investigating the credentials of a potential new owner to save the Brisbane Bullets.

The mystery man, who NBL boss Chuck Harmison refused to identify, has nine working days to satisfy the league he meets all the right criteria.

It's believed the potential saviour is a Brisbane identity with a big passion for basketball.

Topic #16170 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where the f... has he been all this time?
I really appreciate you posting this, but I'm going to take this with a grain of salt- we've been burnt too many times in the recent past to get excited :(

Reply #190404 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

My money would be on Brian Kerle leading another consortium for the licence.

Reply #190407 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Granted, the info comes to me via a pretty lengthy grapevine, but from what I understand, this is very promising.

The only question is, could they put a decent team together? I may be wrong, but the following quality players seem available;

Chris Goulding (highly rated by Joey)
Mick Hill
Adam Gibson
Steve Weigh
Cam Tovey
BJ Carter (yeah I know I said quality, I lied)
Glen Saville
Rus Hinder
Sam Mackinnon(??)
Aaron Bruce (depending on draft)

Dusty is still hovering around the place. Ive not heard confirmation on where Ebi is headed either..

Reply #190410 | Report this post

Julius C.  
Years ago

For goodness sake. Just put a bullet in the Bullets & put us all out of our misery.

Reply #190411 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Im putting it on the record that its my strong belief that Brisbane will have a basketball team in the next NBL season.

Thread == Bookmarked.

Reply #190412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have 12 days... this is just too stressful...

Reply #190418 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

a shot at saving the bullets....bah ha ha ha.

Reply #190422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't give up your day job- assuming you have one.

Reply #190423 | Report this post

Die  
Years ago

I wish the Bullets would just hurry up and die! Come back in 09/10.

Reply #190468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole league needs to "die" for a year- specific teams have nothing to do with it.
The deal is now off again from reports.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/basketball/mystery-buyer-vanishes/2008/06/18/1213468488254.html

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23883893-10389,00.html

Reply #190501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi and Gibson are tipped to be confirmed as Dragons and Mackinnon tipped to be publicly confirmed to the Tigers by the end of the month.

Reply #190502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754