raytri
Years ago

If we can't have Julius...

Went to the game last night. I've decided, if we can't have Julius lets have Paddy Mills.

Topic #16189 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Somehow I think the WCC's Newcomer of the Year will be heading back to college..

Reply #190624 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

What about Samed Nikkah?

Hadadi might be somewhat out of our price range...

Reply #190626 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I doubt we will ever see Mills play in the NBL. If he did - unstoppable.

Reply #190627 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Have to agree. I was wondering why the game write up described his role in the Boomers squad him as "Bruton's sub" . Seems to me it should read the other way around.

Reply #190656 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Don't forget - CJ played for Boy Goorj and whatever people think he has more experience. Patty Mills is certainly an exciting player, but, if you watched some of his games at St Mary's he can get a little bit out of control and occasionally made a few poor decisions. IMO he won't play in the NBL in the foreseeable future, either NBA (outside chance) or Europe.
The other interesting subject to come out of this series is who will get dropped. The Boomers squad is currently 17 and needs to be culled to 12 for Beijing. Given that Bogut, Anderson and Neilsen are still to come in (automatic) then who will be dropped. Boomers have a lot of bigs but not too many smalls. Barlow has been tried at the point in this series. IMO they will cut Helliwell, Hinder and Ogilvy from the bigs. Not sure who the other two will be.

Reply #190660 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dropped will be Hinder, Redhage, Kendall, Ogilvy, Ingles.

Reply #190663 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Hinder is a joke and must go.

Reply #190668 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I thought Ingles was the weakest player on the court last night. Helliwell played well was mobile and strong under the basket.
Where did you watch the St.Mary's games? I'de like to see a bit more of Mills.

Reply #190674 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

Mills looked fantastic as instant offence off the bench, and i think Goorj will continue to use him in that role. That way he provides maximum impact against weaker backup opposition guards, which was obvious last night. the I R Iran guards dropped off once they went to their bench.

Ingles and Ogily {because they are not ready yet} and Hinder are the obvious ones to drop, but after that it is a lottery.
I would have said Helliwell before last night, but he clearly has improved his mobility, which has vastly improved in the last year and a bit.

Reply #190682 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

36ers looking @ replacements just in case according to this report blasting on ABC all day.

http://linky.com.au/apett

Reply #190684 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Patty mills was awesome
I never saw Dmac or Grace in their prime but he was running rings around all players on the court- even his own team mates to get to the hole

And that tear drop was sweet in the 3rd Q

Will be a star no doubt and i hope he makes NBA

Size will be a prob as i doubt he's 6ft even
Was a crowd fav instantly

Reply #190742 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Whats good old Rick Brunson doing?

Other than lighting it up on my x-box...

Reply #190840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754