TheFansMan
Years ago

Sponsoring an NBL Player

Out of curiosity does anyone know if individual players in the NBL are sponsored (like in the NBA) or how much it would cost to sponsor them?

I ask because I work for a prospective basketball apparel company that are interested in simply getting a player to take some photos or even wear some products during the season such as a sweat band.

Anyone know how to go about this process or even if the players are allowed to do this kind of thing?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Topic #16199 | Report this topic

tommy  
Years ago

david barlow is sponsored by nike and gets free shoes

Reply #190822 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You can sponsor a player through their club (many offer player sponsorship packages - around $1-2k per season - that include mentions at games and use of the player at a function or store appearance, etc) or you can arrange a specific endorsement deal directly via their agent which is likely to be more flexible.

Personal endorsement deals may be limited by club sponsorships but sometimes exceptions can be made. e.g., the club might be sponsored by Nike, but a particular player might get an exception to wear AND1 (as an endorsement or personal preference).

Pick a player and speak with their agent. Alternatively, approach a club and arrange a broader deal - might be able to get the photos and game night promotions, etc depending on your budget.

Reply #190826 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. Will do.

Reply #190829 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I thought you meant sponsoring the unemployed Kings and Bullets players - like a World Vision Child. I was looking forward to receiving a letter and photo of BJ Carter once every six months.

Reply #190860 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

*LOL* thedoctor!!!!!!!!!
Just the thing for a Friday afternoon about to leave work...

Reply #190862 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Good to see the DR back making house calls!!!

Reply #190874 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

gold doctor

Reply #190889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give thedoctor a ball.

Reply #190915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it how David Cooper is sponsored by Coopers.

Reply #190916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754