Anonymous
Years ago

Denver Trade Rumor

Just read some Denver trade rumours saying Detroit offered Billups and Prince for Melo, found it funny that they so dumb to not draft him when they had the chance to...Which would've made them a force for a LONG time. Imagine this:

Ben Wallace
Rasheed Wallace
Melo
Hamilton
Billups

And you have Prince comming OFF the bench

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3455530

Topic #16215 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry i dont think they would have kept prince or he would have stayed really he would have said im to good for this and im out but might have been unselfish and stayed
also u think melo would have worked i think melo works nowhere he is a selfish idiot in my opinion and dont think denver can go anywhere with him trade him hes useless can only score, if any player in the nba had that many plays for him they would be good to

Reply #190976 | Report this post

DRAGONS ROCK  
Years ago

Reply #190977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha honestly, I don't care, in fact i'm not a fan of melo at all, prince'd stay he aint that type, he'll work even harder (that's all he about, just a quiet, hard worker who earn his spot); when you look at it, he never cared the fact that he's the only non-all star on the team back in 05 (if i remembered right)

as much as i dislike melo, but you think cavs'd have ANY chance against detroit if they had melo...melo and james will be a fairly close match (in terms of scoring and help on defending lebron) and detroit would never have lost that series last season; that is just one single example, you think about matching up against other teams, i'm positive it'd be effective. but i definitely agree he an idiot though, somebody with no class what so ever to get into those fights and chok slam others...he definitely don't deserve the amount of popularity he gets.

Reply #190980 | Report this post

Rasheed36  
Years ago

The reason I heard they didn't draft Melo was Darko was doing a workout before a Pistons vs Nets playoff game in New Jersey that year and made such an impression on the Piston players (he was doing some insane alleys and hitting 3's from 2m behind the arch)they lobbied the front office to pick him.
Billups was overheard saying "who cares if we lose this series when we're gonna get this guy for next year".
In hindsight what a bust, but they probally wouldn't of traded for Sheed and won the title in 04. I can only wish they had Melo now, who says they would of had the team chemistry to win it.

Reply #190981 | Report this post

BarkoftheDog  
Years ago

this rumor is false.

the nuggets gm shot this trade rumor down like a month ago.

Reply #190985 | Report this post

s30  
Years ago

i think the guy's talking about detroit making the offer on anthony and they were "dumb" enough to not draft him in the first place; we know it's been turned down

Reply #190988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Melo's management came out today asking for answers from Denver, if they are worried it can't be too false...

Reply #190998 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"the nuggets gm shot this trade rumor down like a month ago." ... yep, and GMs never say one thing while doing the opposite ... eg:

GM to reporters : "Melo is untradeable - underline that - he is a necessary part of this franchise for years to come ... excuse me, i have a phone call"

on phone : "yeah, serious? for billups AND prince ? Hmm ... let me consider it ..."

GM to reporters : "what was I saying? oh, Yeah, untradeable .. no, never received a call from Detroit - dont even know where Detroit is ...."

Reply #191025 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Realistically I think Denver has to trade Melo. They wont get any value for AI or Camby who have 1 or 2 good years left in them at the most. So they need to go for a couple of vets to see if they can get a championship while AI and Camby are still playing well.

Reply #191039 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

yeah trade him ... maybe he can start another "brawl" with Indiana ..and get the "physical" back in NBA which are full of soft crybaby bail me out fouls

Reply #191048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754