cheezeburger
Years ago

Atlanta and David Anderson

with his draft rights is anderson content never to play nba when all he has to do is say yes to atlanta.fulfilled career or not?

Topic #16260 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

What's that saying about actions speaking louder than words???

;)

Reply #191503 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

I think the whole thing with Andersen is he will only go if he will play consistent minutes. He will not go to ride the bench.

Personally I think he could be a contributor for the Hawks.

Reply #191506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, he will not take any sort of a pay cut to play in the NBA. Doesn't care about playing in the worlds best league unless they offer him more than what he's getting in Europe.

Reply #191513 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

fair enough ... the NBA is starting to loose its sting anyway ..what with all the scandals ..and the Americans consistently loosing at the international level .. and Euro league catching up in talent as well as money to offer .... besides who'd want to live in depressing Atlanta when you can be living in Barcelona or the Greek Islands or somewhere like that !!!

Reply #191517 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

i'm not sure that i would call Atlanta depressing Speedy... Have you ever been there... Found it to be a great place when i was there... Also the Hawks are a team on the rise, might just be the right time to sign with them and enjoy some time in the big show with one of the most exciting player in the entire NBA... Mr Josh Smith

Reply #191521 | Report this post

unlvrebelx  
Years ago

1) I don't think International Basketball and the NBA can be compared too much. The NBA game is just simply a different game than the international game....notice I didn't say the NBA was better, just an entirely different game. That said, I've always felt that Andersen would fit well in the NBA, probably even be a starter on most teams. I wish Atlanta would trade his rights to somebody else who realizes what he's worth.

and....

2) My wife's cousin, Travis Hansen, played a year with the Atlanta Hawks four year back. Trav is in Moscow now playing with Dynamo....He's had a few two year, guaranteed deals offered to go the NBA. He's just not that interested.....he makes millions in Russia and is one of the league's best and favorite players...heck, he just became a Russian citizen, and may play in the next olympics with the Russian national team....Travis has no regrets about the NBA, he loves the Russian League and Euro Leagues much better than the NBA. The NBA does have some issues. I absolutely LOVE basketball, but I don't follow the NBA. I only follow NCAA college basketball, EuroLeague, and whatever international ball that I can find. The NBA has gotten far too gimicky for me, almost like the fake professional wrestling....to rehearsed and the outcomes seem to be decided by somebody other than the players most of the time.

Reply #191523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754