unlvrebelx
Years ago

Luke Neville and Ryan Kersten, heard of them?

...first off, let me say that I apologize for being a newbie here and posting so much, but I've been here for a few weeks and my team's playing here tomorrow so I'm excited to be able to talk hoops. Besides, most everybody I've talked to here doesn't know a think about basketball, so its great to see that there's some Aussie's here that know so much.

...anyway, UNLV plays in the some collegiate conference (Mountain West Conference or MWC) as University of Utah, as well as the U of New Mexico...having seen Neville play for 3 years, I have to say that initially I was unimpressed as Luke was very soft and would back down to competition....however, last year, something finally clicked with him and Luke has become, by far, the best center in our leauge.....he's a legit 7'1", and surprisingly athletic...he's got to be a guy that your national team will look at in the future:

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nevill_luke00.html

Ryan Kersten was a bit of maverick, hot-head at New Mexico which eventually led to his ego clashing with the coaches egos....Ryan left the year before last to come back here. I really felt Ryan was a good player, and his potential was through the roof. I don't know if any of you follow the college players and know Ryan. If so, any idea what he's doing now?

http://golobos.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kersten_ryan00.html

Also, love watching the Aussies at St. Mary's College. Kickert tore it up there, and now Patrick Mills.....Mills is incredible. I love what St. Mary's is doing with the Australian players, but its truly shocking to see such a small school get so many good players from down under. St. Mary's really has little tradition in basketball, and its crazy to see the quality of players they're getting now from their Aussie pipeline.

Topic #16261 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

ok

Reply #191531 | Report this post

StPaulsVet  
Years ago

I think you will find many that post here would know Ryan as he's an Adelaide boy. Adelaide is a small place. As for Neville, not well known in these parts.

Reply #191533 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Kersten will actually be playing with Adelaide in the NBL this year, so most will know him!

Neville goes under the radar a bit, and with so many good bigs around at the moment, seems to have fallen behind alot of guys as far as national team duties go. But he did get a fair bit of attention for a while, especially since he is at the same school that Bogut went to.

Reply #191534 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Luke Nevill is set for what I believe will be a 'breakout' season for the 'Utes in the 2008/09 season. He has developed strongly and is getting better and better. If he can average around 15+ppg and 10rpg he will be a shot in next year's NBA draft.

Reply #191540 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Just to fill you in, you are posting on a website based in the city of Adelaide in the state of South Australia. Ryan comes from St. Pauls College located in the north-east of Adelaide and his junior club was the North Adelaide Rockets. After finishing college he came back to play ABL (our second tier league) and came off the bench for the champion North Adelaide Rockets. He then signed for the New Zealand Breakers in the NBL (our 1st tier comp) as a development player. He appeared in 15 games for an average of 3.1ppg, 1.5apg (1.0topg) at 51%Fg and 27% 3PT. He has now signed with the local professional club the Adelaide 36ers in his hometown, which obviously most people on here follow, so yes people know him.

He does show a lot of promise, his biggest problems I think would be his fitness and keeping his turnovers down as he can be a bit careless with the ball at times.

Reply #191543 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worth adding that Kersten is playing this off-season for the Albury Wodonga Bandits in the SEABL, averaging 18/5/4 with too many turnovers.

Reply #191544 | Report this post

dont 4get to add hes a favorite 2 win the MVP 4 the nbl this coming season! hes going to show his true talents just you wait and see...

Reply #191555 | Report this post

D Rose  
Years ago

This guy Ryan Kersten, I kicked his ass one time!

Nah seriously, he's working in the NT as a surtech for OM Manganese.

Not a bad guy, if he can stop talking about Blake Griffin.

D to the R-O-S-E xx

Reply #517611 | Report this post

Sparkie  
Years ago

Bootu Creek?

As for that Luke dude, never heard of him. Guess he never amounted to much.

Reply #517651 | Report this post

D Rose  
Years ago

Yeah Bootu Creek.

Reply #538158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754