nutter
Years ago

Indiana Pacers draft Jawai at #41

Nathan Jawai has gone to indiana in the number #41 pick in the NBA draft, great opportunity for the big man. Hope he does well

Topic #16277 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Good luck and make Australia proud.

Reply #191828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great work. Congratulations to Nathan.

Reply #191832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its nice he has been picked but the pacers...would have been nice to have an Aus Centre rotation at the bucks.

Reply #191835 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hint of a trade to Toronto?

Reply #191837 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

JAWAI IS A RAPTOR!!!!

the pick belongs to Toronto because of the Jermaine trade!!! YES!!!

Ive never been so happy in my life...this is the penicle of everything Ive ever felt...

Reply #191842 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

what pisses me off about this is that A) we miss the live part of his name being called out, so we don't get to see his nifty lil video and B) he didn't even get mentioned by the panelists or larry bird, only player not to get mention, WTF!!!

see him spending a year or 2 in europe then getting signed up and ripping up NBA

Reply #191847 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I actually think the trade to Toronto is a BAD move. When I saw Pacers I thought that with O'Neal gone he had a chance of making the roster, but instead as part of that trade he's gone to Toronto with O'Neal.
I see years in Siberia and no NBA in his future.

Reply #191853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/4rhxu

Here is the link

Still not confirmed yet as a Raptor as it hasnt been signed off offically

Reply #191856 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

CAnt be official until July because of Fords contract

Reply #191858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but it still isnt confirmed....Dont hold ur breath Jules

Reply #191859 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

It's my understanding that picks in the second round don't get a guaranteed contract - but the team holds the player's NBA rights. If that is the case what would be Nathan's future - would it be the same as Newley? Any realistic suggestions?

Reply #191906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The media release from Cairns suggests that he should make the roster which is awesome news for Jawai.

Skytrans Cairns Taipans head coach Alan Black; after speaking with Jawai's agent Mark Fleischer, said it is highly probable Jawai will be in Toronto Raptors colours next season;

"Jim Kelly who is the head scout for Toronto was in Cairns last year to see Nathan play and we know that the Raptors are very impressed with Nathan. After talking with Nathan's agent he has been told by Toronto that they want Nathan to play with the club in the NBA next season, which is fantastic news for Nathan. The full trade will take about a week to finalise, but it now looks highly probable that Nathan has achieved his dream and will be playing with the Toronto Raptors in the NBA."

Reply #191912 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I am so happy...

so used to dissapointment come draft time for Toronto (Bargnani shat me off, Aruajo, Joey Graham)

Jermaine and Jawai...awesome...awesome

And hopefully he'll learn some things from them to

Reply #191922 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

question is... if he suits up, does he get any minutes or does he get stuck to the bench... if thats the case hopefully he gets some games in NBDL time to time to show he can dominate

Reply #191930 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its not a perfect destination for him, since he will be behind both O'Neal and Bosh, but at least they are both lighter, finesse players. Jawai is the one guy on their roster who has bulk and strength to offer against some of the bigger players like Shaq, Oden, Haywood, etc.

He probably would have had a better chance with the Pacers, where he would be backing up fellow draftee Hibbert, but thats life.

At least it looks like he will spend time with the Raptors and learn a thing or two from O'Neal and Bosh. O'Neal may move on in two years anyway, if the Raptors decide he is asking too much to be extended. Jawai might then be in a good position to seize the starting spot next to Bosh, who he would compliment well.

Good news for Aussie basketball that he was drafted anyway. Congrats to the big fella!

Reply #191947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754