Spinner
Years ago

So, Hodge wasn't drafted......

sorry for him.......but does that mean he will join the Sixers?

Topic #16285 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

Are you serious? You can't be drafted more than once!

Reply #191937 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Spinner, like you, I really hope that Hodge does end up playing for the Sixers. But he's probably still a good chance of being picked up by an NBA team like the Nets. The Sixers must know something though, as they are leaving it quite late if they need to chase someone else... perhaps were just waiting to see what happened with the draft, although would more likely go with a veteran type player.

Reply #191939 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

He was, Spinner - pick #20, 2005, by the Denver Nuggets.

Reply #191942 | Report this post

BarkoftheDog  
Years ago

isnt there some rule where u can re-enter the draft and be drafted more than once?

i think scola did it.

Reply #191943 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Slight misundestanding here guys. As Lethal said, Hodge was already drafted in 2005.

After being dumped by Denver, Hodge has been trying to get another contract in the NBA. Because he played so well in the NBA Development League last season, there is a feeling some team may pick him up as a free agent in the next couple of months.

Reply #191944 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

And no, you can't be drafted more than once. Scola was drafted a number of years ago by the Spurs, who held his draft rights until last year when the traded them to the Rockets. Which is why Scola is now playing in Houston.

David Andersen is in a similar situation, where the Hawks hold his rights from when they drafted him several years back. If Andersen wants to play in the NBA it must be with the Hawks unless they trade his rights to another team.

Reply #191945 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Sorry folks...........I thought he could still get picked up as a trade....MY BAD!!!!

I guess the question should be, how long would Sixers have to wait? He is worth waiting for, but I would love to know what plans B & C are.

Isasc Isaac....do you want to change the title to So, Hodge wasn't picked up.....?

(Mod: First of all, learn to spell 'The Mighty Ones' name........)

Reply #191954 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Forgive me oh powerful one....I was trying to use too many fingers typing!!!

Reply #191962 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Sixers really arent leaving it that late, any player that just misses out on a NBA contract, Julius Hodge or not, is going to looking for work.

Reply #191969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner, get your head checked, seriously!!

Reply #191976 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

mod....sensational..

I do bow to thee...

Reply #192004 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Hey guys, we are really just kicking the can amongst ourselves.

Why not email Julius Hodge and tell him that we the 36er fans would love to see him again, for at least one more season.

Surely it do would his career no harm, and wouldn't clash with the Euro league, if his inclinations are pointing that way.

Showing that he has a strong fan base here is not going to do any harm.

Maybe we need a petition etc.

Reply #192671 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sure, what was his email address again, I seem to have misplaced it..

Reply #192679 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Here is his facebook page

http://linky.com.au/503ee

Reply #192681 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

He has made the squad for the Summer League with Jersey. Guess we should know more in a weeks time.

Reply #192686 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754