Kent Brockman
Years ago

Boomers vTall Blacks Game 2

Are the Boomers that good or are we playing really bad opposition?

One thing that stands out for me is how little Newley stands out on court.

If he is trying to crack the NBA one would have thought his game would be that much better than the rest of the squad in his position. Right now Barlow shows him up in almost every discipline.

Having said that he sure could fill the open 3 spot at the sixers.

Topic #16290 | Report this topic

hoop fiend  
Years ago

Newly stands out to me as the obvious starting big guard.

The radio said the Tall Blacks are leading at the first quarter mark.

Reply #191990 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

NZ were/are garbage, but the Aussies extended pressure defense was excellent. I'm a little worried after having watched Winitana for these two games.

Redhage was great again, as was Barlow and Worthington. I still think Helliwell will make the cut. Goorjian played Kendall for quite a while today, as if he's trying to talk himself out of cutting him.

As Andrew Gaze was saying on Foxtel, Newley needs to dramatically improve his jumpshot to take the next step.

It will still be the best Australian team in a long time, irrespective of who makes the final couple of spots.

Reply #191993 | Report this post

Bigyaman  
Years ago

Is Nathan Jawai going to be part of the final olympic squad????

Reply #191998 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Newley has let me down a bit...not aggresive enough to the hoop......Barlow has really impressed me, if Newley can get to the show, imagine if Barlow was 5 years younger...

Redhage was impressive, IMO I don't think he will be there with Bogut, Neilsen and Andersen...too many bigs..

Mills and CJ is one of the best PG lineups we have had in a long time....

Having said that, we suck....if we can only push NZ, we are in trouble...Add to that, we need a bit of time to gel with the big boys returning.....

Reply #192003 | Report this post

sturt  
Years ago

only push NZ?

we beat them by 37 points..

i reckon helliwell, Ogilvy and Ingles wont make the cut. Though Ogilvy will be amazing in a couple of years

anyone else think that ingles hasn't done anything impressive recently? could just be me, oh well

Reply #192006 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

only push...as in, I thought we were nowhere near our potential.

37 is awesome, no matter what..

Reply #192007 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i think people are judging the team prematurely. i think there are spurts where they show great potential. I think rebounding is an issue, i also think that we need more going inside, but one would think with bogut anderson and neilson that would happen for us. who would i cut from the final team? Ogilvy, Helliwell, saville.

Reply #192016 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I would drop Ingles and Ogilvy but i think you are going to need Helliwell especially if Bogut is not available.

Goorj is now saying Bogut may not get his contract done in time.

Reply #192018 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

the final cut will be kendall, i personally dont believe jawai should be in the team, even though he was drafted. Other bigs are better.

Reply #192043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754