Isaac
Years ago

Favourite NBA Things

I found this quite funny:

A few of my favorite NBA things, by Bill Simmons.

"If we ever have to play the spiders from "Starship Troopers" in one game for the future of the planet, doesn't Kirilenko probably crack the crunch-time five?"

"Okay, here's an SAT question. Eddie Jones gets fouled taking a three at the buzzer with Miami down by 3. What happens?"

On Kobe: "(By the way, his little media blitz didn't work -- Smush Parker just passed him on the "Most Jerseys Sold" chart this week.)"

"More importantly, when is Anderson dropping his last name like Nene did? I love when that happens."

Go and have a read.

Topic #1630 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

On the good things to come out of "The Brawl":

"Every game that involves Ron Artest from this point forward becomes riveting TV, especially if he's wheeled out on the Hannibal Lecter stretcher for the introductions."

Nice...

Reply #18628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good read... they should send them into SLAM magazine's 'NOYZ' section.

Reply #18632 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Let's take this thread to a logical conclusion by compiling a similar list for the NBL.

Here's what I love about the NBL:

- 11 teams vying for a miserly EIGHT playoff positions.

- that Andrew Bogut's name rhymes with "yoghurt" (OK, this not really anything to do with the NBL but had to get it in)

- it spawned the worst combover ever seen on a professional athlete, aka Phil Smyth circa late 1980s (that's just begging for a photo to be posted, Isaac).

Reply #18644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No luck, but how about combover.com?

What a half-arsed site...

The NBL really lacks something exciting like the NBA Draft. Maybe more could be made of the players graduating from AIS, those heading to colleges, or those finishing their college experience and returning to Australia?

Put Brad Newley on the Favourite NBL Things list -- equivalent of Simmons' LeBron.

Reply #18647 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Nice one Isaac, very funny indeed. I thought this quote was pretty appropriate:

"Although I really feel that any time the Clippers start Rick Brunson during a home game, we should get a 25% discount on our tickets. Let's make this a rule. "

Reply #18850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754