Anonymous
Years ago

Can Miami Win it all this year????

If Miami can get marion, wade and beasley firing together and get mourning back to the line up can they win it all this coming season????

I can see them as at least a contender in the east

First 5 something like

C: Mourning
PF: Beasley
SF: Marion
SG: Wade
PG: Parker/Williams

Topic #16311 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Nope.

Reply #192118 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Mourning's injury last season was a wake up call that he's at the end of it all. I can't really see Zo being effective as a starting centre. Miami will have to do some aquisitions to replace him.

Otherwise, that lineup statistically says they'd do better; but I can't see the team making the finals. Considering the level that Philly and Atlanta played at this past season; the east may begin to be as tight as the West conf was.

Reply #192119 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

No, not even close.

Reply #192126 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

With Beasley and Wade they will def be around the mark in the next couple o years... depends on the players they get around them... and what happens with the matrix cancer....

Reply #192127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmm yeh i think theyre a definite playoff team this year at least

Reply #192129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not without a better centre. Who's on their bench?

Reply #192130 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Is this the same dude that thought Ben Melmeth could make the NBA?

Reply #192132 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I thought Mourning Retired??

Reply #192135 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

this will depend on whether the refs and NBA decide to give Wade his usual quota of "phanotm calls" .. 20 -30 FT shots per game

Reply #192140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SVD no its not this thread is might be a little unrealistic but come on melmeth to the nba the 6ers have more chance of winning the nba championship

Reply #192141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skip i think the intentions where for mourning to retire at seasons end however i dont think anything official has come about since his injury

Reply #192144 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

They will be lucky to make playoffs! Can Miami make the playoffs this year would be a better topic. Because with their current line up I would be suprised if they dont miss out again. No doubt they have talent and beasley is a good prospect. but to expect huge things this year from him is asking a lot.

Time will tell

Reply #192151 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

They should trade Beasley for a back to the basket player with a two way game. They are far more effective in the nba than inside outside scorers who cant defend or pass.

West, Chandler for 2 first rounders Blount, Haslem and Beasley

Chalmers (apparently a derek fisher type)
Wade
Marion
West
Chandler

wouldnt happen but something along those lines and that'd be a championship squad

Reply #192152 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Better off trying to offload Marion than Beasley.

Reply #192158 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

You're right skip, I think he did. But there has been talk of a comeback.

Reply #192165 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah he has said he wants to come back, but I think it will depend on his body.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/story/2008/06/02/nba-heat-mourning.html

If they have a half decent season, maybe Marion will stay. They should see how he goes, and if he is grumbling at the trade deadline, trade him to a team that needs cap space for whatever they can get.

Its still better than having a fat Shaq for two more years at 20 mil a year.

Reply #192190 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Mr Clutch,
Beasley has a solid post game, and is predicted to be able to go for 20/10 most nights. Mid-post game is unstoppable.

Reply #192201 | Report this post

If wade will pass to Beasley they will be top 4 in the east

Reply #192227 | Report this post

has anyone called him Michael Beastley yet?

Reply #192228 | Report this post

Years ago

Miami to win it all? Surely you jest...

Reply #192231 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

mr clutch - you are aware than in the NBA you cant trade for whoever you want whenever you want? Other managers can say no to trading away their most valued assests - you make it sound so easy to build championship teams

(refering to this thread and the Chicago thread)

Reply #192241 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

mr clutch = GM of the year.

Reply #192258 | Report this post

owned lol

Reply #192279 | Report this post

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

miami wont be able to they have no depth at centre and point guard either they will have a rookie running the show i think he will struggle first year IMO unless he is like chris paul he will struggle
sorry just wont happen, they will be a playoff team in a few years but not this one

Reply #192289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can be done though without a decent centre and PG. Boston were in the same situation having 2-3-4 position stitched up. Rondo was an unknown at the start of the season and Zo could produce Perkins-like numbers if he stays healthy. I think the bench is their main problem. Also, Williams can barely run and Smush is the Jeff Farmer of the heat. I think Marion should be offloaded (I think his style of play will be similar to beasley) and pick up a decent PG or C.

Reply #192317 | Report this post

Marion and Beastley play nothing alike. One wants the ball all the time, one gets 15 a game by being in the right place at the right time

Reply #192361 | Report this post

Years ago

Smush Parker was bought out by Miami during last season, and played (and started) some games for the Clippers.

Jason Williams appears to be on his way out, and doesn't look to be re-signed by the Heat as a restricted free agent.

Pat Reily has said that Marcus Banks is the starting point guard at this stage, and that "it's his job to lose".

Chris Quinn has been given a qualifying offer by the Heat, and will likely return.

They also now have rookie Mario Chalmers to play some time at the PG spot as well.

Beno Udrih looks to be staying with Sacremento, and Chris Duhon looks to be headed to New York, so that limits the options in terms of free agent PGs for Miami to sign.

Reply #192529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754