Anonymous
Years ago

What moves do chicago make now????

Now that chicago has derrick rose running the point what trades should they make to help them become a playff threat???

Personally i think if they can offload hinrich and som other for a solid centre they will be alright maybe a hinrich for camby deal

Topic #16314 | Report this topic

dcanwade  
Years ago

get Lebron James to sign on free agency so the NBA can get the Chicago BULLS and the good old' 23 back again !! .. why not NBA has their Lakers-Celtics rivalry back ...why NOT the Bulls for the next logical step .. that and getting the Knicks relevent again and they can relive the GLORY DAYS of the late 80s/90s once again !!!

Reply #192145 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Dcanwade, minor problem....

If Lebron went to Chicago he'd have to change his number, I think SOMEONE had that particular number retired?

Reply #192147 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Use Hinrich and/or Gordon (S&T) for a decent powerforward that can play some offence out of the low-block. No point in going for a PF like Dirk who plays in the mid-range or outside.

Resigning Deng is a must, and Gordon would be a good if possible, but if it came down to only one, then Gordon goes in a S&T, and finger crossed a TE will come with it.

Reply #192160 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

If i'm a GM i'm grabbing Hinrich first chance i get.

Solid point with shooting touch and tough on D.

Why have so many people made him the scape goat of this situation?

He is way more a player than Gordon and would be awesome next to Rose... just try and trap a team with two point guards, both over 6'3.

They need a solid, long, def orientated big man- and should look to move Gordon to get him, or perhaps a FA...

Or they could of drafted the best college freshman ever, kept Hinrich and Gordan in the backcourt, with the Beast down low and Thomas off the bench... idiots.

Reply #192161 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Hinrich, Deng for Harford, Bibby

Mid level Exception Diop

Thomas + Gray + plenty of second round picks for Battier

PG Rose/Bibby - Can split minutes, Bibby can teach him the straps

SG Thabo/Gorden/Hughes - Thabo is a future all star with a developing shot, already an elite defender. Gorden and Hughes are disposable at the right price.

SF Battier/Nocioni - Battier is the perfect role player, will provide leadership, hit threes and defend until he's in his late 30's ie Bowen. Nocioni is a solid energy guy and shot maker of the bench.

PF Horford/Gooden - Horford is a winner and plays the game the way it should be played - future all star. Gooden is a good backup

C Diop/Noah - Great defensive tandem with length athletcism to cover the best bigs in the league whilst protecting the paint, also versatile defensively; Diop with crazy length and physicality to cover powerful bigs and Noah as an energetic/athletic defender to cover the faster bigs.

If Gorden/Hughes were dealt with correctly they'd have major cap flexibility next year with Bibby, Nocioni, Gooden coming off the books. Could run at a superstar.

A team full of unselfish winners as well as having the best defensive personell in the league.

Reply #192164 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

There is no way that Atlanta is giving up Horford for something short of Oden, Durant, Paul etc. In short, it's not happening.

I would hold onto Hinrich and trade Gordon (possibly with Gooden) for a PF or a C. Channing Frye? Udonis Haslem? Or equivalent. The idea is to free up minutes for Tyrus Thomas (who will thrive with Rose's drive-and-kick play) and grab some rotation players.

Hinrich is an excellent defender/shooter who can pair with Rose in the backcourt. Thabo and Hughes round out the backcourt rotation.

Rose/Hinrich
Hinrich/Hughes/Sefolosha
Deng/Nocioni/Sefolosha
Thomas/Frye or Haslem
Noah/Frye or Haslem

Reply #192166 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Mr Clutch, I do not see how Rose and Bibby could 'split' mins.
Bibby is a starting PG who averaged 36 MPG with Atlanta in the playoffs. IMO it wouldn't work. Bibby would not want to go to the Bulls if he had to share minutes with Rose, unless he felt the Bulls were the real deal and favourites to win the championship. They are not though.
Remember Bibby is only 30 years old, he still has time. He doesn't need to do what 39-year old Sam Cassell did by moving to another club and watching his mins. plumett.

Reply #192180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Michael Jordan brought back the #23 after he wasn't playing well with #45. Was it retired again?

Reply #192181 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

The majority of the minutes would go to Rose with Bibby's main purpose serving as an expiring contract.

The Hawks want a young PG and Hinrich could still be an all star

Deng could still be a superstar - 22 years old and got 17 a game under skiles without a 3 ball, not bad.

Reply #192185 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Yes, MJ's jersey was retired again.

Reply #192186 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

23 is that retired, even Miami retired it in honour of the great man.

Reply #192256 | Report this post

The entire league should retire 23. I mean is there a more iconic number anywhere in sports ever? And you have players like quentin richardson wearing it.

Reply #192281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good call elg Q is a bum

Reply #192285 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

I think Miami retired it because Harold Miner wore it.

; )

Reply #192287 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I heard Darius Miles wore 23 as a tribute to his all time fav player......LeBron James.....jesus wept.

Reply #192290 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Chicago should consider acquiring Emeka Okofur in exchange for Gooden.

Reply #192294 | Report this post

Trevor Anderson  
Years ago

Whatever happened to Harold Miner?

Reply #192299 | Report this post

Trevor Anderson  
Years ago

Yes I know........just had to put it up there!!!!

Reply #192300 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think you should consider a reality check Big Marty....

A defensive stud for a player that is dumber then a pile of dog poo on top of a brick....

Charlotte agree to your trade as long as Chicago chuck in Rose and Thomas into that deal.

Reply #192369 | Report this post

Cool Cat  
Years ago

What moves do chicago make now????

All the right ones baaaby!

Reply #192441 | Report this post

oldtoby  
Years ago

Wow, the bibby line is a bit of a farce, as has already been stated.
The word is Noc is being shopped to clear cap space for Deng. This will make baby jesus cry, as Noc is all effort, all day.
My bullies are kind of stuck. Log jam in the backcourt and desperate for an offensive weapon in the paint.
Hinrich is the easy guy to trade at 10mill, but him paired with Rose in the backcourt could be interesting, although they are both undersized to guard the 2(I dont want to hear peeps bleeting Kirk has guarded the 2 b4. Of course he has, when Gordon is on the court, as gordon couldnt guard a chair). Kirk gets beaten up when guarding the 2. He is quality guarding the 1. Im not sure Rose has the bulk to guard the 2 either.) So, Gordon is the guy to move, pre
ferably with Gooden, but with TT if the price is right.

Elton would have been a great pickup, but I dont see that happening with the fun and games baron has been up to.
Josh Smith would be an interesting guy, and his price is reportedly around the 12-13mill mark.
We would get hurt in a half court game, but damn, we could run and gun with anyone.

Noah/Gray
J Smith/TT
Deng/Noc or Thabo
Kirk/Hughes
Rose/Kirk/Thabo
OR
kind of left field, but making a play for the Iguanna from Philly for say Hughes and Gordon would be a no brainer. Doesnt address the front court problems, but when your backcourt has Rose, Iguanna, Deng and backed with Kirk and Thabo....who cares, although the 3 ball may be a problem.

Reply #192933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754