PHD in SHot
Years ago

Brand and maggette free agents

elton brand and corey maggette have both opted out of there final years on there contracts making them unrestricted free agents, have to be some of the best free agents on the market, clips will be terrible if they loose both of them

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-clippers1-2008jul01,0,1092404.story

Topic #16319 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

I read that there is a move in the works to send Brand (and others) to the Heat for Beasley (and others).

In other free agent news - Jamison signed for the Wizards and with Arenas opting out to sign a larger contract there are only 3 teams able to resign Gilbert - Memphis, 76ers and Wizards. WIth Mayo going to Memphis and the 76ers will use al ot of their money to resign AI - that leaves Arenas only able to sign with the Wizards without testing the market so they could potentally resign for less than he was orginally signed for.

Reply #192295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would you take on Brand over Beasley?

Also, I read that Beasley was third in scoring in NCAA Div I. The top two scorers I'd never heard of - why are they not on the NBA radar yet? Still early, dominating on weak teams, or are they just not well-rounded enough?

Reply #192296 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I believe that Miami never wanted Beasley - Riley didn't like his game

Reply #192302 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I really don't know much about colleg basketball except that I think there are almost 400 Div 1 teams obviously some weaker than others. I suspect that the other high scorers are the best players on weak teams. ALSO I suspect that they have played most of their games against other weak teams making their performances less impressive.

Reply #192303 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Brand is welcome to the Knicks and we'll get rid of Curry & Randolph.

Reply #192308 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I've heard that a more likely trade is almost a straight swap of Mayo for Beasley.

Reply #192325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754