Skin
Years ago

Why are there always stupid Miami Theads??

I find it funny that Miami is mentioned in may threads on here in stupid situations.

The other day someone was asking the question about Miami in the NBL, When they were tanking, now will they win the championship? IMO they are average at best.

Anyone know where this crap comes from?

Topic #16321 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, you've started one of them. ;)

Reply #192304 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Well, I guess I can hardly ask the question without mentioning them, can I?

Reply #192309 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Miami vs the NBL topic came from QLD - probably the same person who thought Ben Melmeth could be an NBA prospect. Either a prankster or maybe a young Gold Coast fan, perhaps?

Reply #192311 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Because they lucked up and won a championship a couple years ago when Dwayne Wade had a healthy and (I assume) willing Shaq to help him out.

I can see Dwayne Wade and Kobe starting a support group for dealing with life post-Shaq after a few more seasons...no doubt Penny Hardaway will also be one of the founding members.

Reply #192319 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Coz idiots keep responding to them....DOH!!!

Reply #192346 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Stupid Miami fans...

Reply #192353 | Report this post

Jung  
Years ago

James W...I think Wade can only dream of getting his team to the NBA Finals within 4 years of losing Shaq. As much crap was piled on the Lakers for trading Shaq, they never sunk as low as the hapless Heat. Perhaps this was exactly what the Lakers were trying to avoid.

Reply #192370 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Jung... Miami can only dream of getting a guy as good as Gasol for nothing within 4 years of losing Shaq!

Reply #192386 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

that's because now that D "Phantom Call" Wade .. is no longer a golden boy of the NBA due to injuries and cheating on his wife .... the officials no longer help him as much with his phantom calls that help him past the Pistons and Dallas to a bogus Chumpionship

Reply #192402 | Report this post

Jung  
Years ago

Beantown...Pat Riley can't take advantage of a fire sale from a team dumping salary? I thought he was considered a good GM. The Lakers management shouldn't apologise to anyone for being good at what they do.

Reply #192421 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Jung, you were insinuating that Wade has no shot of getting his team to the Finals within four years of Shaq leaving, unlike Kobe, who did.

What I was insinuating is that a healthy Wade is JUST AS CAPABLE of getting his team back to the finals in 4 years as Kobe... IF he is lucky enough to get a guy like Gasol on his team for nothing.

It had nothing to do with saying the Lakers, or any other team, should apologise for taking advantage of a fire sale.

The Lakers should offer up thanks to the Hoop gods though, because that kind of deal isn't coming along again for awhile!

Reply #192468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754